Why i can't get Cortana US to chit chat

Lumiaphone525

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I manage to get Cortana UK (Beta) and also for Cortana Canada (Alpha) work perfectly like getting some witty answers. But when i change setting to get Cortana US, i cant get her to chit chat, she only replies in Bing searches for example "who are you", "sing me a song" - all answer goes to Bing searches.

I'm living in Malaysia, using Lumia 525 with OS version: 8.10.14219.341. Is there any problem with my phone or the OS version i'm using? I need help to get Cortana US working same like other windows phone user.

I already try hard reset, delete all the Cortana data in phone and Bing setting but Cortana US still replies in Bing searches.

I try to not install the DP. I dont want having a problem in future, plus i'm not using high spec windows phone.
I hope to have solution without having to hard reset or install something that is not guarantee to work even though some others user have try and success. Not sure if the country i living now having a effect for Cortana US to not work properly.

thljcl

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I’m not sure what is on your phone. But to get Cortana works as U.S. version. You need to configure the settings properly:
1. Set Language to English (United States). You may have more than one languages being set. In that case, you need to put in at the top of the list, which makes it default. To do that, tap and hold on English (United States), a context menu pops up. Tap “move up”. Repeat this process repeatedly until it reaches the top. Or you can just remove the languages you don’t need. The languages being shown here do not reflect keyboard input method; merely display languages.
2. On region, set Country/Region to “United States” and Regional Format as English (United States).

When these settings are configured, you should be able to use Cortana. You can chit chat with it by asking some silly questions like “Do you like me?”

ryanlow134

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Everything is in precise order... And I still can't chit chat with it.

I'll try a hard reset, deleting everything for Cortana both local and Cloud and see what'll happen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon