[Beta] EmiPSX - Sony PlayStation (PSone) emulator

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Duke Nukem: Land Of The Babes hangs right after starting. Black screen with controls appears with meter shows "0", emulator not responding for anything.
Future Cop: L.A.P.D hangs on any in-game video. But that hang is not immidately. If you fast enough, you can skip them all and you can start the first mission. Framerate meter shows 19-25 but game looking running too fast, hovewer, I didn`t tried to change emulator settings for it.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
When I download ff7 (disc1) It gets to approximately 10 % and then just quits out of the app

Edit: after retrying 10 times not only does it crash the app, this time it made my lumia 920 vibrate non stop so I had to turn it off

I know ff7 should work so what am I doing wrong? The file is .bin and it's about 700 mb, is this a normal size?

Last edited:

nickr124

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Gta 2- Gets stuck at the loading screen. Running at 1 FPS.

Crash team racing- Wont get past the Sony presents screen, though audio does work, on that screen.

Gran Turismo- Works at about 30 FPS, though loading from a saved state, causes it to show the game twice. (Pictured below)
wp_ss_20130816_0001.jpg

Medal of Honor- Works partially running at 20 FPS with audio, loading saved states worked, though in the first level the map isn't completely loaded and gets cut off. (Pictured below)
wp_ss_20130816_0003.jpg

Overall great emulator, hasn't crashed once.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
When I download ff7 (disc1) It gets to approximately 10 % and then just quits out of the app

Edit: after retrying 10 times not only does it crash the app, this time it made my lumia 920 vibrate non stop so I had to turn it off

I know ff7 should work so what am I doing wrong? The file is .bin and it's about 700 mb, is this a normal size?

are you downloading it in IE or in the app? Cause you need to do it in IE for it to work.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
are you downloading it in IE or in the app? Cause you need to do it in IE for it to work.

I have to download it straight from IE on my phone?? wp doesn't allow you to do anything with the file when you do this... I don't understand

Edit: okay let me explain what I'm doing, I download the rom from a site cough*coolrom, I open it in 7-zip so I can extract the .bin file, upload it to skydrive and then download it within the app from skydrive

So how do you do it?? Because I'm obviously doing something wrong

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
You've done everything right, just there is a problem with the SkyDrive API with large files. So browse to your SkyDrive on IE and go to the file, click on it so it starts the download, let it finish and it will ask to use EmiPSX to open it. Give it a minute or two and it should load up, then you will be able to open it from the internal memory after that.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
You've done everything right, just there is a problem with the SkyDrive API with large files. So browse to your SkyDrive on IE and go to the file, click on it so it starts the download, let it finish and it will ask to use EmiPSX to open it. Give it a minute or two and it should load up, then you will be able to open it from the internal memory after that.

thanks for explaining! I was finally able to get something running :D (gran turismo) going to bed now! I'll be testing all day tomorrow!

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So rayman 2 playes great on my 920, most of the cutscenes hang but the music is good and the controls play alot better then I expected! (fps is smooth alround)
heres some screenshots:
wp_ss_20130818_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20130818_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20130818_0003.jpg
wp_ss_20130818_0004.jpg

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Any compatibility updates planning? There was noone since beta starts...

Some suggestions:
]Make 1:1 pixelation variant for PAL and NTSC resolutions on 720p+ screens (hovewer, I can`t help with testing that feature, I only have Lumia 620 with 800x480)
]Option to change background color (not only blue)
]FPS meter should updates 4 times per sec

GuilhermeNescau

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, first I want to thanks you building an ps1 emulator for windows phones...
I'm Brazilian, and I want to help take the emulator better, testing bugs
If you gimme a permission to download the psx from the store, I'll be very grateful!
just want to help improve the main idea, and realize a dream, revive the greatest games ever made

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, responding your suggestions:
1 - I'm finishing a update where I've restored the original resolution (the original code was reducing all resolutions to 320X240)now still need to deinterlace to get full height. This makes the image better with image stretch done by the GPU for all PSX resolutions - this is all on image messing for while.
2 - I've changed to gray( the blue is the original on DIrect3D apps, and I had not changed), I can add this as a option but the best ways will be implement a color picker (not now).
3 - FPS is too variable and 4xPS would make hard to see. I've changed already to 2xPS but it is there just for testing, I will remove it on future.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, responding your suggestions:
1 - I'm finishing a update where I've restored the original resolution (the original code was reducing all resolutions to 320X240)now still need to deinterlace to get full height. This makes the image better with image stretch done by the GPU for all PSX resolutions - this is all on image messing for while.
2 - I've changed to gray( the blue is the original on DIrect3D apps, and I had not changed), I can add this as a option but the best ways will be implement a color picker (not now).
3 - FPS is too variable and 4xPS would make hard to see. I've changed already to 2xPS but it is there just for testing, I will remove it on future.

Little sad because of PSX emulator updates not so often as EmiGens. I hope you`ll have no copyright/license issues with EmiPSX because of Non-JIT emulation is your code. There is much cosmetic suggestions I can make, but I`m not doing this now because of we need compatibility issues elimination. So great tiles like Vagrant Story & FF can`t be broken in commercial version.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
EmiPSX is too made from opensource software licenced by GPL, the difference of EmiGens is that Genesis plus gx licence says "Redistributions may not be sold, nor may they be used in a commercial
product or activity" so he does not permit trial, ad supported, even when releasing a free but fully functional emulator. I've started developing with it becuse it was easier, had not any other on store and would have a working emulator (while psx is beta and can not pass certification) to test on wide range of wp devices, that was why I've updated it faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes