06-23-2015 03:25 PM
202 ... 56789
tools
    Hi I'm a Developer/UI Designer. U specialize more with UI of apps. I like what you've done but I was wondering if you'd be interested in working with me to redesign your app and make it even better!
    03-04-2015 11:00 PM
    Hi I'm a Developer/UI Designer. U specialize more with UI of apps. I like what you've done but I was wondering if you'd be interested in working with me to redesign your app and make it even better!
    Have you used the app?
    03-05-2015 04:33 PM
    Great, I just install the app. I will send you my feedback tomorrow once I used it for the rest of today.
    03-05-2015 06:11 PM
    Have you used the app?
    Not yet, but I've been reading this thread and have a pretty good idea
    03-05-2015 09:48 PM
    2. I mean Album Art. ModernMusic does this. Only logo don't look good.
    3. I have 4 songs in an album with 4 different artists. When on album view, I want to group them based on album name but on artist view, I want to group them based on artist.
    Currently, in album view, it shows 4 entries for a single album.
    Thanks.
    And what about that super important 3rd point?
    I did not test the album grouping much so let me know of the bugs. You can choose to leave the last tracks title if you wish but I recommend library art option I've also added.

Yes, just the logo and a transparent background. Really love how you value our feedback.
    Added transparent tile option :)

Added everyone else as well. I'm still working on other things people have requested, this is it for now though.

v1.3.0.1
    - Fixed issue where tapping on album while scanning would not register tap to play the song
    - Transparent Tile option
    - Option to set tile behavior after music finishes (default Music Locker tile, last song tile, library album art [requires cache clear + one library rescan])
    - Group albums by artist, album artist, album name
    03-08-2015 02:37 PM
    I did not test the album grouping much so let me know of the bugs. You can choose to leave the last tracks title if you wish but I recommend library art option I've also added.

Album Grouping is not working even after fresh install. Also Live Tile is amazing now.
    Thanks.
    03-08-2015 07:49 PM
    Album Grouping is not working even after fresh install. Also Live Tile is amazing now.
    Thanks.
    Which method are you grouping by? Your albums are not grouped at all?
    03-08-2015 09:07 PM
    Which method are you grouping by? Your albums are not grouped at all?

I am grouping my albums based on album name and no, albums are not grouped at all.
    I have 7 songs in an album with different artists and album artists and there are 7 entries in album view.
    03-08-2015 10:56 PM
    Maybe he also downloaded the songs from Nokia Mix Radio.
    03-09-2015 06:03 AM
    I am grouping my albums based on album name and no, albums are not grouped at all.
    I have 7 songs in an album with different artists and album artists and there are 7 entries in album view.
    Maybe he also downloaded the songs from Nokia Mix Radio.
    It should actually group it regardless of Album Artist or Artist so shouldn't matter of it's from Nokia Mix Radio.

I tested and had success with the albums I knew had songs with different artists but the same album name which were previously all separated. You said you did a full reinstall? A quick scan won't do it, you would need turn that off and do one full scan unless you did reinstall in which case quick scan shouldn't matter. You're sure the album names are exactly the same?
    03-09-2015 06:26 PM
    It should actually group it regardless of Album Artist or Artist so shouldn't matter of it's from Nokia Mix Radio.

I tested and had success with the albums I knew had songs with different artists but the same album name which were previously all separated. You said you did a full reinstall? A quick scan won't do it, you would need turn that off and do one full scan unless you did reinstall in which case quick scan shouldn't matter. You're sure the album names are exactly the same?

Yes. Album names are exactly the same. See the screenshot.

Not a single album has been grouped.
    03-09-2015 10:32 PM
    Yes. Album names are exactly the same. See the screenshot.

Not a single album has been grouped.
    Thanks, it's helpful. To confirm you have unchecked quick scan and then ran a scan on your device as well?
    03-09-2015 10:54 PM
    It should actually group it regardless of Album Artist or Artist so shouldn't matter of it's from Nokia Mix Radio.?
    I doesn't do that for me even though i have same Album Artist and same Album Name because my songs are from Nokia mix radio
    03-10-2015 03:54 AM
    Thanks, it's helpful. To confirm you have unchecked quick scan and then ran a scan on your device as well?

Apparently, I soft reset my phone and it's working now. Thanks.

Edit: Also the play/pause button of now playing bar is not right in landscape mode.
    Last edited by amitnahar; 03-10-2015 at 05:36 AM.
    03-10-2015 04:29 AM
    I doesn't do that for me even though i have same Album Artist and same Album Name because my songs are from Nokia mix radio
    Apparently, I soft reset my phone and it's working now. Thanks.
    You need to uncheck 'quick scan' in the settings (just for one scan), make sure you have set it to group by album name in the settings and then scan device (if the music is on your device).
    03-10-2015 05:45 PM
    You need to uncheck 'quick scan' in the settings (just for one scan), make sure you have set it to group by album name in the settings and then scan device (if the music is on your device).
    I did what you said and now they are grouped Perfectly fine. Thanks.
    The only problem is with the album arts now but again that is a mix radio thing.
    therealcraig likes this.
    03-11-2015 09:06 AM
    A little input coming here that bugs me :P

When I am playing my playlist and I am in the ''Now playing-screen'', I would really like to be able to tap either the name of the current song playing or the name of the coming up next song - to go to the queue. Now you have to navigate back to go there - which feels wrong. Also, when I got back to the queue, I want to be able to tap a song to play that one - and the list kinda shuffles again or something. Now nothing happens when I go to the queue and tap a song I want to play that's queued up 10 songs later.

Other than that, a bit faster and improved app over the time and I must say this fits my needs 100%. Really in love with this player. Beautiful, really functional when playing your own music collection which I am doing. Love the livetile now. Just keep it up dude!

Is this app going into Windows 10, or what's your plans for the future?
    03-12-2015 06:35 AM
    A little input coming here that bugs me :P

When I am playing my playlist and I am in the ''Now playing-screen'', I would really like to be able to tap either the name of the current song playing or the name of the coming up next song - to go to the queue. Now you have to navigate back to go there - which feels wrong. Also, when I got back to the queue, I want to be able to tap a song to play that one - and the list kinda shuffles again or something. Now nothing happens when I go to the queue and tap a song I want to play that's queued up 10 songs later.

Other than that, a bit faster and improved app over the time and I must say this fits my needs 100%. Really in love with this player. Beautiful, really functional when playing your own music collection which I am doing. Love the livetile now. Just keep it up dude!

Is this app going into Windows 10, or what's your plans for the future?
    Thanks for the input, have been meaning to add that - the Up Next button is clickable for a reason. Added to newest version. Windows 10 for phones - yes, for tablets/pcs - possibly.

v1.3.0.6
    - Faster startup
    - Faster resume
    - Minor changes to live tile
    - Navigate directly to queue from Now Playing Page (tap 'Up Next' or the next track)
    - Option to choose what happens when you tap on a song in the queue (do nothing, play next, play now)
    - Landscape mode tweaks
    - Other Bug Fixes
    03-17-2015 01:21 AM
    v1.3.0.7
    - Fixed app crash when navigating to settings on a fresh install
    - Fixed album art background on Album/Artist page
    - Fix playlist popup issues on main page
    - Fix playlist add track to queue
    - Fix certain crash on now playing page and scanning page for OneDrive items where images fail to load
    - Fix slow select all on song/queue lists
    - Add ability to sort playlists based on track properties
    - Add shuffle/play all to now playing page and playlist page (same as main page, tap and hold play button)
    - Add remaining download count on download page

Added everyone too.
    Last edited by therealcraig; 03-17-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    03-17-2015 05:28 PM
    v1.3.0.9
    - Last.fm scrobbling integration

Added everyone, again appreciate the feedback - most of the features that are added are user requested :)

Cheers.
    03-18-2015 10:07 PM
    Anything about the customizable backgrounds?
    v1.3.0.10
    - Custom background support
    - Fixed bug where library would not be displayed after importing a playlist

Enjoy!
    Last edited by therealcraig; 03-19-2015 at 09:36 PM.
    03-19-2015 08:59 PM
    v1.3.0.10
    - Custom background support
    - Fixed bug where library would not be displayed after importing a playlist

Enjoy!
    Thanks. Gonna check that.
    03-20-2015 05:17 AM
    Can you implement ReplayGain?
    All of my files have ReplayGain tags. I use foobar2000 on my laptop and this player uses the ReplayGain tags to keep a consistent volume between different albums. I tried a lot of WP music apps, but didn't find any that implement ReplayGain. A decent music player app for WP 8.1 that implements ReplayGain would be an instant buy for me.

I also tried Spotify: this app adjust the background color to the album art, which is a nice feature. Could you implement the same on your app (not really a show stopper if it's not possible, just some nice extra eye candy)?
    therealcraig likes this.
    03-20-2015 10:06 AM
    Yeah! Adjustment of app color based on album art would be nice.
    Noiz does this perfectly.
    therealcraig likes this.
    03-20-2015 12:05 PM
    Can you implement ReplayGain?
    All of my files have ReplayGain tags. I use foobar2000 on my laptop and this player uses the ReplayGain tags to keep a consistent volume between different albums. I tried a lot of WP music apps, but didn't find any that implement ReplayGain. A decent music player app for WP 8.1 that implements ReplayGain would be an instant buy for me.

I also tried Spotify: this app adjust the background color to the album art, which is a nice feature. Could you implement the same on your app (not really a show stopper if it's not possible, just some nice extra eye candy)?
    Yeah! Adjustment of app color based on album art would be nice.
    Noiz does this perfectly.
    Definitely something I'll look into, probably not right away but at some point. I've added it to my to do list.
    03-20-2015 08:07 PM
202 ... 56789