06-23-2015 02:25 PM
202 ... 6789
tools
    Two little details that anyones me:

You put text on the album cover (the artist name). Can I disable that?

Some of the UI is hidden under the normal windows buttons (the back and the home button). I have to slide this window buttons away to get a complete view af the line where it shows me what's playing. Don't know if it's possible to make this dynamic: move it up if the normal windows menu is at the button and let it use the full screen if hide the windows menu.
    03-24-2015 05:22 PM
    Two little details that anyones me:

You put text on the album cover (the artist name). Can I disable that?

Some of the UI is hidden under the normal windows buttons (the back and the home button). I have to slide this window buttons away to get a complete view af the line where it shows me what's playing. Don't know if it's possible to make this dynamic: move it up if the normal windows menu is at the button and let it use the full screen if hide the windows menu.
    1. Yep, just go to live tile in the settings and disable it there. "display artist over album image", it will require one library rescan to regenerate the cached art.

2. Are you saying the UI is hidden under the windows controls if you're using a device without hardware keys? I've never actually tested it on a device with soft keys, can you show me a screenshot and I'll look into it.
    03-24-2015 06:13 PM
    1. Yep, just go to live tile in the settings and disable it there. "display artist over album image", it will require one library rescan to regenerate the cached art.
    Ok, that worked.

2. Are you saying the UI is hidden under the windows controls if you're using a device without hardware keys? I've never actually tested it on a device with soft keys, can you show me a screenshot and I'll look into it.
    Yes. Here is the screenshot: the onscreen menu blocks the part where it shows what’s playing:

wp_ss_20150325_0001.png

The Dutch translation is also inconsistent:

The bottom shows ‘Nummers Artiesten Albums Gernes’, which is fine, but as you can see in the screenshot above: it shows ‘2 Brothers on the 4th Floor 1 BIJHOUDEN’. This should read ‘1 NUMMER’.

A bit lower: ‘2 Fabiola 3 TRACKS’, which is fine, but you call TRACKS NUMMERS at the bottom, so I would change this to ‘2 Fabiola 3 NUMMERS’.

And in the settings, there is a ‘group album by’. It lets me shoose between ‘artiest, artiest and albumnaam’. I suppose one of those two artiest should we album artiest.
    Last edited by kefkekeyser; 03-25-2015 at 05:42 PM.
    03-25-2015 05:25 PM
    Some ideas that might be nice extra’s:
    Keep a history of the tracks that I’ve played and use this to create ‘smart playlists’:
    Smart shuffle: playlist of random songs that you did not listen to the last x days/weeks/…
    Album of the day: select a random album from the albums with the songs with the lowest play count
    Least/most played tracks
    Least/most played genres
    03-25-2015 05:42 PM
    Some ideas that might be nice extra’s:
    Keep a history of the tracks that I’ve played and use this to create ‘smart playlists’:
    Smart shuffle: playlist of random songs that you did not listen to the last x days/weeks/…
    Album of the day: select a random album from the albums with the songs with the lowest play count
    Least/most played tracks
    Least/most played genres
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into these in the future.

As for the Dutch translation, if you'd like to translate it (as Dutch is one of the ones that is machine generated) I can send you the file and all you have to do is open it up with the translation editor I'll send as well and then ship it back to me. PM me your email, if you can help with this.

In the english version there is the using of 'Songs' where you see 'Nummers' and Track and Tracks for Bijhouden and Tracks, obviously the translator didn't do a great job here. If you translate yourself you can decide if you'd like them the same when you come across songs and tracks and make the translation the same.

And in the settings, there is a ‘group album by’. It lets me shoose between ‘artiest, artiest and albumnaam’. I suppose one of those two artiest should we album artiest.
    Correct again. This is likely a result of poor machine translation for the Dutch language. If you'd like to translate this, it can be fixed.

v1.4.0.1
    - Bug Fixes
    - Duration of playlists
    - Probably some other stuff I can't remember :)
    - <3 (favorites)
    Last edited by therealcraig; 03-25-2015 at 08:17 PM.
    03-25-2015 05:55 PM
    Is anyone have issues with the update from yesterday? Or the update today.

I've received a couple of reports, but I'm curious how many it's actually affected.
    03-26-2015 07:38 PM
    Hello. I have Lumia 1020, WP 8.1 Cyan.
    After yesterday update app starts crashing at the start up.
    Today I update to 1.4.0.3, but it doesn't stop crashes.
    Start screen appears for a second or two and then app closes.
    03-26-2015 10:05 PM
    Is anyone have issues with the update from yesterday? Or the update today.
    App starts, but crashes almost immediate on my Lumia 735.
    03-27-2015 11:44 AM
    Yes. The app crashes almost immediately.
    03-27-2015 12:08 PM
    Just got home from work, I'm going to look into it.
    03-27-2015 02:45 PM
    - Fixed startup crash 8-)

Sorry guys, made a small typo related to language translation, 1 character off. I think it should be all good now
    03-27-2015 03:55 PM
    Unfortunately I have had a hard drive failure and lost all of my personal data including the project source code for Music Locker, I'm afraid I won't be able to update the app any more unless I were to re-write it from scratch which would take months. I'm very sorry, hope you all enjoyed Music Locker.
    04-01-2015 03:57 PM
    Unfortunately I have had a hard drive failure and lost all of my personal data including the project source code for Music Locker, I'm afraid I won't be able to update the app any more unless I were to re-write it from scratch which would take months. I'm very sorry, hope you all enjoyed Music Locker.
    Oh, that's really sad....

Will it still be available to be used as it is?
    04-01-2015 04:11 PM
    Is it possible to use decompiler to recover source code?
    04-01-2015 08:51 PM
    Oh, that's really sad....

Will it still be available to be used as it is?
    Is it possible to use decompiler to recover source code?
    April fools!

ps. Sorry, I'm really mean :)
    Ostbiten likes this.
    04-02-2015 12:33 AM
    Holy ducking crap!! My heart just sanked. ;)
    04-06-2015 01:22 PM
    Can you implement ReplayGain?
    All of my files have ReplayGain tags. I use foobar2000 on my laptop and this player uses the ReplayGain tags to keep a consistent volume between different albums. I tried a lot of WP music apps, but didn't find any that implement ReplayGain. A decent music player app for WP 8.1 that implements ReplayGain would be an instant buy for me.

I also tried Spotify: this app adjust the background color to the album art, which is a nice feature. Could you implement the same on your app (not really a show stopper if it's not possible, just some nice extra eye candy)?
    Yeah! Adjustment of app color based on album art would be nice.
    Noiz does this perfectly.
    v1.4.0.7
    - Added more info option for songs to display file/music properties
    - Added option to match theme to the colour of the current songs album art
    - Some bug fixes
    04-07-2015 05:52 AM
    FYI I have released it public. This version includes a few bug fixes not available in this beta. I will update the beta to include an export playlist option so you can migrate easily to the public build if you wish.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/app...ic-locker.html
    04-23-2015 12:03 PM
    Your application is unusable, specifically settings. There is no option to change language to English and menu translation into Polish is tragic. Despite my best intentions I can not figure out what means most of the options even though they are the "Polish".
    04-24-2015 01:47 PM
    Your application is unusable, specifically settings. There is no option to change language to English and menu translation into Polish is tragic. Despite my best intentions I can not figure out what means most of the options even though they are the "Polish".
    Hi Reznorek,

Terribly sorry that there are issues with the Polish translation, the application uses the phone language and is not selectable. Would you be able to help me translate the app to Polish correctly? All it would require is me sending you the translation file and you opening it and using a tool to update the strings with the correct translations based on the english version which is also provided side by side. Anyways let me know.
    04-24-2015 03:31 PM
    i've been reading all comments and updates, must say, it's looking pretty great, Hope to see in store soon
    04-30-2015 09:00 PM
    FYI I have released it public. This version includes a few bug fixes not available in this beta. I will update the beta to include an export playlist option so you can migrate easily to the public build if you wish.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/app...ic-locker.html
    i've been reading all comments and updates, must say, it's looking pretty great, Hope to see in store soon
    ;)
    05-01-2015 03:56 PM
    Here is my feedback:

Device: Lumia 1020
    FW: 3051.50009.1424.0002 (CYAN)
    Language: Spanish

First of all, I'm really excited with this app. The UI is really nice. I can't wait for the XBox Music integration.

Here is my feedback:

My phone have 3000+ songs and it was tagged using MP3Tag. The install process is really fast. Once I launched, I skip the Onedrive integration. Then the app begun to index the music. The process was just fine until my phone ran out of space. Before the index process I had more than 500 Mb of free space and now my phone have 200 MB of free storage space. Reviewing the space and the data used by the app in the storage sensor, the data of the app is consuming more than 300 Mb. Why is using all those MB? Is this amount of data normal? for example Xbox Music is using 134 MB and VLC use only 73.82 MB.

I hope you can improve the indexing process just to use less storage data.

I got some UI suggestions:

in the analize tab (in settings), the button says "analizando tu dispositivo" I think "analizar tu dispositivo" is better.

in he same tab, the cache button says "borrar el cache" and i think "borrar cache" fits better.

In the tab UI, the button says "seleccione un fondo" and I think "cambiar fondo" fits better.

In the same tab UI, the button says "regresar a los ajust.." (not showing complete), "por defecto" fits better.

in the live tile tab, the tiny labels "mostrar el nombre del artista..." and "mostrar cancion que se est...." are not showing complete. Please increase the the long size.

In the same live tile tab, the label "cuando finalice la cancin" can be changed by "al finalizar la reproduccin"

in the same live tile tab, some list elements are not showing complete. Here are some suggestions about it.

a)The list member "muestra en el tiile las ultimas canciones" can be changed by "mostrar en tile canciones reproducidas"
    b)The list member "muestra en el tile las cartulas de los albumes..." is too long. Fits better "mostrar albums reproducidos"

In the main form, the "playlist" label in spanish says "lista de reproduccin actal" must say "lista de reproduccin actual" (missing letter)

Hope this help you to improve your app.

EDIT: An option to share the song or the album you're listening by FB or TW would be nice.

EDIT2: Scrobbling work for a while. After some tracks, stop working.
    Last edited by BigwaveMx; 05-13-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: text formating, request feature, bug error.
    05-13-2015 12:16 PM
    Here is my feedback:

Device: Lumia 1020
    FW: 3051.50009.1424.0002 (CYAN)
    Language: Spanish

First of all, I'm really excited with this app. The UI is really nice. I can't wait for the XBox Music integration.

Here is my feedback:

My phone have 3000+ songs and it was tagged using MP3Tag. The install process is really fast. Once I launched, I skip the Onedrive integration. Then the app begun to index the music. The process was just fine until my phone ran out of space. Before the index process I had more than 500 Mb of free space and now my phone have 200 MB of free storage space. Reviewing the space and the data used by the app in the storage sensor, the data of the app is consuming more than 300 Mb. Why is using all those MB? Is this amount of data normal? for example Xbox Music is using 134 MB and VLC use only 73.82 MB.

I hope you can improve the indexing process just to use less storage data.

I got some UI suggestions:

in the analize tab (in settings), the button says "analizando tu dispositivo" I think "analizar tu dispositivo" is better.

in he same tab, the cache button says "borrar el cache" and i think "borrar cache" fits better.

In the tab UI, the button says "seleccione un fondo" and I think "cambiar fondo" fits better.

In the same tab UI, the button says "regresar a los ajust.." (not showing complete), "por defecto" fits better.

in the live tile tab, the tiny labels "mostrar el nombre del artista..." and "mostrar cancion que se est...." are not showing complete. Please increase the the long size.

In the same live tile tab, the label "cuando finalice la cancin" can be changed by "al finalizar la reproduccin"

in the same live tile tab, some list elements are not showing complete. Here are some suggestions about it.

a)The list member "muestra en el tiile las ultimas canciones" can be changed by "mostrar en tile canciones reproducidas"
    b)The list member "muestra en el tile las cartulas de los albumes..." is too long. Fits better "mostrar albums reproducidos"

In the main form, the "playlist" label in spanish says "lista de reproduccin actal" must say "lista de reproduccin actual" (missing letter)

Hope this help you to improve your app.

EDIT: An option to share the song or the album you're listening by FB or TW would be nice.

EDIT2: Scrobbling work for a while. After some tracks, stop working.
    Thanks for the feedback. Are you using the Beta? The app is already released public and some of these things are fixed in it. If the translation is poor for your language you can help me to translate the app for your language - I'll need to send you some files, contact me using the about page in the official app. Thank you!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/app...ml#post3072515
    05-17-2015 05:22 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. Are you using the Beta? The app is already released public and some of these things are fixed in it. If the translation is poor for your language you can help me to translate the app for your language - I'll need to send you some files, contact me using the about page in the official app. Thank you!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/app...ml#post3072515
    I'm using the last version available at Windows Store. I'll be in touch. Yesterday, I noticed another error: When I'm using the random play, after play some songs, the next song can't be played. The media controls show that the song is playing but isn't, then, when I pass to the next song, the playlist skips 4 or 5 songs before to start to play the next song. This thing happened at least 3 times.

If you need more info about it, just let me know.

Thanks!
    05-21-2015 01:00 PM
202 ... 6789