Woo Even More Mango

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So after a hour or so with Mango 2. It's nothing to get excited over. The Twitter integration is very lacking. Music/zune hub, I'm not seeing it being any faster.

No avi photos, no retweet with comment, no font sizing. Can't send pics to other pic sharing sites. Can't pick which accounts you want info to display. It's either all or one.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Definitely a smoother build and I like the Twitter integration. Just updated so I am still looking for whats is new.

Feels faster and smoother to me that alone is worth the update I'm just hoping that is is a tad more stable than the older build. Time will tell.

I'm cleaning up I merged all the threads and moved to the Developers forum... your welcome :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you been able to get the @ notifications. To work?

Whoooooa! If you post a pic from the phone using the integrated Twitter, it goes to your skydrive account. Which your real name can be seen from the photo options. YIKES!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My notifications under the Me tile no longer updates. It just sits there and say "looking for updates" [also updated about 30 minutes]

After receiving three @ messages, the me tile is still showing a @ message from four messages ago on the me tile. After about 30 minutes, the old @ message dissappeard. But the new ones didn't appear.

I have a person from the people hub pinned and friends with them on Facebook. Their tile isn't updating either. [about 30 minutes, it updated]
Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the "extras..." is still missing from the camera and picture views. I thought that was supposed to be coming back.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone got the "Turn By Turn" working properly?

I've still got to tap the screen to see/hear what's coming next.... Which isn't very handy when driving, and especially when coppers are around :s

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I used turn by turn once going home, just to see if it work. It did for about 5 minutes, but stopped updating. I think it was due to AT&T wacktackular 3G service.
Has anyone got the "Turn By Turn" working properly?

I've still got to tap the screen to see/hear what's coming next.... Which isn't very handy when driving, and especially when coppers are around :s

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Could it be region locked then with regards to Turn By Turn?

As both Beta builds haven't been like a generic "SatNav" giving me heads up to turn left X amount of yards before turn (At least that's what I class as Turn by Turn)

German1513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the podcast can be downloaded directly to the phone.
I also notice that if you go to settings>>people you can filter to include twitter contacts but even I selected them the do not appear so I guess they will appear until the last release.

m_kock

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Just to let Trophy users know, my Trophy can receive picture messages again. I wasn't able to in the last version of the beta.

snow4558

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking the mms with Trophy now!

I also noticed in the Xbox or games hub, the avatar animations have been updated a little. Shaking your phone will now knock down your avatar and eventually he will get pissed off and stomp his foot which "cracks" your screen. Saw this on video a while back and haven't been able to duplicate where he "hides" on a different page in the games hub or pushes your view to another page. Still is nice though!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking the mms with Trophy now!

I also noticed in the Xbox or games hub, the avatar animations have been updated a little. Shaking your phone will now knock down your avatar and eventually he will get pissed off and stomp his foot which "cracks" your screen. Saw this on video a while back and haven't been able to duplicate where he "hides" on a different page in the games hub or pushes your view to another page. Still is nice though!

He usually hides after the prop animation (if you have one) after he first appears if you don't do anything. (On the screen with friends and message tiles)

If you slide left to look for him and back quickly, he will sneak bacwards back onto the screen.

It usually takes 3-4 shakes for him to get really pissed off, and then he pulls your menu's about and storms off.

I just love all this nonsense. :)

PS keep screen lock longer than a minute or just tap the screen to stop it locking

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
*New animations (i.e. opening people hub, and going from bing vision then pressing back... the bing-image-of-the-day plops down)
*Twitter & LinkedIN Integration
*When using facebook chat, people's status (available, away, etc) match the color of your theme
*Bing icons are larger
*music and videos hub... The play all icon has changed
*now if you have music files saved on SkyDrive, you can open and listen to them from the office hub :)
*If you're texting, throw in one of these: (a), (w), (p), (o) ...etc, or just use any letter in between parenthesis. It comes up as a cute little icon ^.^

Those are all my findingd thus far ^

anon(5328495)

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it was in previous build, but i see background tasks option under settings. GoTo: Settings > Applications > Background Tasks (Did anyone notice this?) (i guess name is pretty obvious with what it's all about) ;)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It was in the last build. Doesn't do anything since none of the apps are built for background use. I'm sure that'll change in the next few months.
I don't know if it was in previous build, but i see background tasks option under settings. GoTo: Settings > Applications > Background Tasks (Did anyone notice this?) (i guess name is pretty obvious with what it's all about) ;)

snow4558

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
*New animations (i.e. opening people hub, and going from bing vision then pressing back... the bing-image-of-the-day plops down)

I read this from someone else the other day before I updated to the most recent mango build and I noticed it was in the build I had at the time (I think 7661). So this was added in with Bing Vision and not on the most recent build, it used to "bounce" when it hit the bottom though I think so the animation has changed slightly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard