Can't access any*Google domains on edge desktop or mobile.

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I am currently*not able to access any Google domains from either my surface 3 or my Lumia 950 om edge.

I am on 14986 on desktop and 14977 on mobile

Over the last couple of days I have had degradations in my ability to access Google or any related*domains like YouTube or Gmail.

Just going to YouTube I would get a*"hmm, we can't access this page" error. Then I tried using bing*to access YouTube videos which worked once. Then at one point I was able to access*YouTube*from the homepage and I thought the issue was fixed.

But today I can't access*YouTube, Gmail, or even the google domain to try downloading Chrome.

I downloaded Firefox and it worked just fine. This also should mean*it's not my network or hardware causing the issue.

I have tried clearing my cache and browsing history but I don't know why it is also affecting my*mobile phone as well.

I do notice that Windows Defender has been recently updated, but the options to submit an exception are greyed out.

Was there some change Google made with regard to Windows 10 and/or Edge that is causing this?

Last edited:

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I can access YouTube and Gmail just fine with Edge. The Gmail website makes Edge a bit slow and unresponsive, but the page loads.

lewminous

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Serpent1189
I am currently*not able to access any Google domains from either my surface 3 or my Lumia 950 om edge.

I am on 14986 on desktop and 14977 on mobile

Over the last couple of days I have had degradations in my ability to access Google or any related*domains like YouTube or Gmail.

Just going to YouTube I would get a*"hmm, we can't access this page" error. Then I tried using bing*to access YouTube videos which worked once. Then at one point I was able to access*YouTube*from the homepage and I thought the issue was fixed.

But today I can't access*YouTube, Gmail, or even the google domain to try downloading Chrome.

I downloaded Firefox and it worked just fine. This also should mean*it's not my network or hardware causing the issue.

I have tried clearing my cache and browsing history but I don't know why it is also affecting my*mobile phone as well.

I do notice that Windows Defender has been recently updated, but the options to submit an exception are greyed out.

Was there some change Google made with regard to Windows 10 and/or Edge that is causing this?

The same exact issue here. I also started using Firefox & works fine.

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I figured out that I can access these with private browsing, but I still can't figure out why.*I have uninstalled my lone extension (adblock plus) but still isn't working...

fueledbygin

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Same issue. Edge isn't able to access anything that uses a google url.

Both Firefox and Chrome have no issues accessing google urls.

It's kind of*hilarious, really, in a very cynical way.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had this issue for weeks. Any Google domain fails to load in Edge. Works just fine in Firefox. Anyone have a fix?

lewminous

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I was on the slow ring in the insider program & as a last ditch effort, I went ahead & moved to the fast ring last week. I can now access all google domains just fine in Edge as well as third party apps like MyTube, etc now. I'm happy now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes