Where to buy display cable?

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I would like to buy a display cable to connect between a laptop and a TV.
I decided to post here just to reach out to as many forum members as possible.

What I want:

- A complete cable.
- Male Displayport 1.2 - male HDMI 2.0.
- About 3 m / 10' long.
- 3840 x 2160 resolution.
- 60 Hz refresh rate.
- 4:4:4 chroma sampling.

What I don't want:

- An adapter that requires an additional cable.
- Mini or micro variants of the connectors.

I'm surprised that I still haven't found one. The Club3d adapter and 4K mini DP - HDMI cables are everywhere, but both solutions adds the cost of another cable, and unwanted bulk for laptop use.

Maybe it doesn't even exist, does anyone know?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To be honest you will be hard pressed to find what your looking for as 4k is not mainstream enough to warrant such cables maybe in a few years. Same thing happened with 1080 p cables.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
There are lots of 4k cables out there, but not one with the most obvious configuration. I guess Mini Displayport has become too much of a standard thanks to Thunderbolt 1/2.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well as it stands we have 4 competing standards HDMI, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt and USB.

Given the ubiquitous nature of USB and the fact apple has chosen to use just one USB port for the mac book air.

USB might come out on top as let's face it phones no longer come with mini hdmi let alone mini display ports any more. Thunderbolt... not many people even use it.

We may have a future where all the ports are USB-C who knows.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Thunderbolt 1/2 uses mini Displayport connectors, and Thunderbolt 3 uses USB C. The latter is a very capable solution, as the same connector can be used for charging, video and data transfer, all of them in high speed/quality.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thunderbolt 1/2 uses mini Displayport connectors, and Thunderbolt 3 uses USB C. The latter is a very capable solution, as the same connector can be used for charging, video and data transfer, all of them in high speed/quality.

Connectors and interchangeability aren't synonymous :winktongue:.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon