Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Well... Since Android and Ios is both so much behind on the UX and functionality of the device... Neither has the perfect blend of UX and personalization and both lack any kind of alternative to Live Tiles, I would never go back to Android or Ios.

I endured Android for two years and I help friends with mobile repairs and from that experience I really despize everything Google has "done" for those phones. I can't even describe how horrible the experience is overall compared to what I am used to with WP.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Waiting for something with sd 210/410; USB mobile data tethering, two separate radio channels for dual sim and the ability use contacts on the sim cards.

Intel is another option.
By the time sd 210/410/615 would come in Lumias, the Android phones would have Snapdragon 212/412/415/425/618/620. Windows mobile always 6 months/1 year late to use latest Snapdragon processors, Lol.
HTC 520, 526, 626 already have Snapdragon 210, Moto G 2015 already has 1.4 ghz quad core Snapdragon 410, latest Micromax Canvas Nitro 4G E455 already has Snapdragon 415 1.4 ghz octa-core processors.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
No, but only because I wouldn't $500 for any phone. That is an insane amount of money for a handset.

Now, will I wait 6 months and see if I can pick one up for $300-350? Absolutely. If I have to wait a year, I'll do that too.

Phones are too easily ruined by getting caught in the rain, or a drop while fumbling with your keys, or getting snatched from your hand by a thief, or any number of other things. I don't $500-600 to throw away. I suppose if that was pocket change, I'd pay it. But it's not, so I'll wait.

If your question is - will you stay with WP, then the answer is absolutely. The wife has Android, and suits what she needs. The kids all have iPhones. As soon as snapchat ports to WP, they are coming over. They love my phone - they just can't live w/o a few of their stupid social media apps.

If WP10 allows easy porting, and expands the store, the kids are in.
This👆

sinisfree

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
No.
Enough is enough.
I dont see windows 10 will improve , actually windows 10 mobile discard most things that make Windows phone unique , now it just another android wannabe os .
My next will be iPhone.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm mostly in it because of me being in their ecosystem. I have an Xbox, office subscription, Groove music subscription, movies, and I have a PC. I honestly would rather have something that can all sync up faster than own an android and download Microsoft apps. If you're a child and you need to tinker with your phone, u have those two other options. Microsoft phones are an acquired taste. You clearly don't like it, so don't bring us to your bandwagon.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No.
Enough is enough.
I dont see windows 10 will improve , actually windows 10 mobile discard most things that make Windows phone unique , now it just another android wannabe os .
My next will be iPhone.

Has Microsoft ruined Live Tiles in the Windows 10 mobile technical preview?

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
If you want to get some serious work done, get an android. Job done. If you want to experiment a bit, be with windows.
Even high end lumias are not as 'productive' as Android. Lumias have the style, quality and looks + the camera. But they will not get the work done.

Seriously ? No.
What is productive for you ? What do you use your phone for ?

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
If you want to get some serious work done, get an android. Job done. If you want to experiment a bit, be with windows.
Even high end lumias are not as 'productive' as Android. Lumias have the style, quality and looks + the camera. But they will not get the work done.

what job android does and WP doesnt? I am very much productive with WP than i can ever be on android. having off a load of wallpaper and theme changing doesnt mean productivity. for me android is still a toy and new version of Symbian thats it. WP gets the job done and well.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Seriously ? No.
What is productive for you ? What do you use your phone for ?
I've seen the new note 5 and man they can do so much more than windows phones. Sure they also can make calls ,text and browse web like windowsphones can but they can do much more. The notes multitasking is so serious.

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Now my question to you all, who had either of the flagship models would you go and spend another ?4-500 or equivalent in any currency on a new Microsoft Mobile?

Absolutely yes. The Microsoft ecosystem integration is excellent and central to my needs. My 1520 is superior to all my friends' phones and the camera quality is unmatched. There are no missing apps that can't be easily handled with a pinned website icon. And I love Cortana!

MicrosoftWinPho

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I would without a second thought. Having originally owned an iPhone to android to WP7, I absolutely love it. The only thing that I really miss in WP8.1 is the deep integration which WP7 has. Hopefully some of that is making a come back in W10M to some extent.
Most people complain about the lack of apps but I have all the apps I need and more. I've been using the 1520 for almost 2 years and the 930 for over a year now. Absolutely love them especially the looks of the 930 :)

So yes, I will be buying the next flagship, 950 XL (or whatever Microsoft call it).

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

What work? :p

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Yep. My bank app is on WM10. Even if it wasn't I would use Astoria to get the app on WM like I did with ParentVue. So I am set, got all I need.

BrianLeeRussell

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Yep, had my Nokia Icon for a year and even though it's on Verizon, it's the best phone I've had. I've had nexus devices and Samsung. None as good as this one. Windows has been a lot smoother experience for me.

RayWP7

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Unequivocally yes. I personally and my family have owned the Samsung Focus, HTC HD7, HTC Titan, HTC Titan 2, HTC One M8, LG Optum(?), Nokia 920, Nokia 520, Nokia 830, Nokia 1520, and recently the Nokia 640. A) we haven't had nearly the problems we had with hardware that we experienced with the other brands. They were all great phones, but the Lumia were better for wear in the long term. The reason we've had so many phones? Well, my family has a bad reputation of losing crap (not I, mind you!). Before these brands and platform we were exclusively iOS and the problem my family had then was them breaking all of the time (charging ports, screens mostly). Windows (like Android) is easier to buy into since they are less expensive to replace should things go south. That, and our entire digital life is Windows centric. Windows PCs, Live/Hotmail/Outlook, XBOX 360, XBOX One, Surface, Office 365 (school, home, work) etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon