12-27-2016 12:18 PM
252 ... 56789 ...
tools
    That's only part of the story. It's also because, for many, it works and they are satisfied with the experience.
    Ya but that comes at a price and I'm not meaning just metaphorically.
    12-09-2016 08:40 AM
    Ya but that comes at a price and I'm not meaning just metaphorically.
    In what way? If it meets someone's needs (we're not all the same) how is it a bad thing?
    12-09-2016 09:04 AM
    In what way? If it meets someone's needs (we're not all the same) how is it a bad thing?
    This. I love the simplicity of iOS. The fact that you can get the SE for the price of a midrange Android, which has excellent performance and main camera, is great.

That is, if you don't mind a smaller screen.
    12-09-2016 09:15 AM
    I did not say it was bad. Apple has the capability to much more than what we hold in our hands. Though business is business and I understand the reason Apple makes certain choices. Yet because it just works is one of the main reasons I still use iOS. Yet you just get what you get, what Apple wants you to have, which all in all is not a bad thing. But there are always two sides to every coin.
    12-09-2016 09:24 AM
    I did not say it was bad. Apple has the capability to much more than what we hold in our hands. Though business is business and I understand the reason Apple makes certain choices. Yet because it just works is one of the main reasons I still use iOS. Yet you just get what you get, what Apple wants you to have, which all in all is not a bad thing. But there are always two sides to every coin.
    I agree. It is what it is and you have to fit into and accept that if you are going to use it. My wife uses an iPhone and likes it. I'm more an Android guy. Having choices is a good thing.
    12-09-2016 09:56 AM
    Hahaha...that was me aximtreo. I removed that listing last night. I posted my x3 last week there for 1 reason. Trying to make a long story short here... is that I realized that GOOD for Enterprise was no longer going to be supported by one of my clients. So the only option was to get GOOD Work (iOS/Android only), so I needed an iPhone or an Android phone to do that. Windows Mobile does not offer that (yet). I am die hard about my email, what can I say...So last night I figured out via a tutorial on blackberry's support site how to activate my device for BES 12.5. I would have never posted my X3 like that had I not been mislead by the IT/Messaging support guys. PS: Don't worry even "old Farts" can still have fun.
    That's alright, Nate. Karma IS real. Someone's gonna break your heart one of these days

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-09-2016 11:18 AM
    Broke my heart. I'm still crying. LOL No problem. That's what I like about this site. We don't draw the upper crust of users; just the really good ones.
    You still got your 650 - you can't tell me that's not still fun though.

EDIT>>>>There's just something about a windows phone ie my Lumia ICON, but a Windows Phone of any kind that just stirs my heart. I've depended on Windows PCs and Laptops all my life and to have it on a device so small it fits my hand - it just seems that's how nature SHOULD progress.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    12-09-2016 11:24 AM
    EDIT>>>>There's just something about a windows phone ie my Lumia ICON, but a Windows Phone of any kind that just stirs my heart. I've depended on Windows PCs and Laptops all my life and to have it on a device so small it fits my hand - it just seems that's how nature SHOULD progress.

Peace. Alan
    I kind of agree...

This. I love the simplicity of iOS.
    See, for me the experience of moving from Android to W10M was just that, more simplicity for the most part. Now, some will probably say that that wasn't their experience, but I got a very good Android at the time I bought it, and it and the OS just degraded way too fast for me (G2X by LG). So, my experience on a purely personal level was actually that I got a much more fluid and simple OS on my phone.... and a FAR better looking one.... on a FAR better phone....

iPhones? Meh, Apple to me has always represented over-priced great-looking devices. I'd rather save my money and spend it elsewhere.
    Shamshi-Adad and editguy like this.
    12-09-2016 11:52 AM
    See, for me the experience of moving from Android to W10M was just that, more simplicity for the most part. Now, some will probably say that that wasn't their experience, but I got a very good Android at the time I bought it, and it and the OS just degraded way too fast for me (G2X by LG). So, my experience on a purely personal level was actually that I got a much more fluid and simple OS on my phone.... and a FAR better looking one.... on a FAR better phone....

iPhones? Meh, Apple to me has always represented over-priced great-looking devices. I'd rather save my money and spend it elsewhere.
    I can't dispute that at all. W10M (and 8.1 too) is more simple and I like it for that. In fact, I will always like it for that. I started here, so I see the simplicity of iOS as a plus considering that I don't have to leave the simplicity to get the apps.

It's really hard to find simplicity or something like it, on Android. Fortunately, my Honor 8 provides that for me for the most part. Anyway, something I really like about W10M is that it provides it. The fact that you get to have it and customize your phone simply is great. iOS you get that, and just that. Android, it's challenging to find but you can customize much. W10M is the perfect middle ground between the two.
    12-09-2016 11:59 AM
    That's alright, Nate. Karma IS real. Someone's gonna break your heart one of these days

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Even though they are with me more than anything else and know more about me than most, I still am not that close to my phones. So let's hope not, in that respect.
    Shamshi-Adad and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-09-2016 12:02 PM
    Even though they are with me more than anything else and know more about me than most, I still am not that close to my phones. So let's hope not, in that respect.
    Nah it won't be anything about phones it'll just be any manner tit for tat emotional payback.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-09-2016 12:31 PM
    Yeah, how dare you beat my Heels. LOL Good job. Hope we meet later in the year. AX
    Go HEELS!
    12-10-2016 04:59 PM
    Unless Android or iPhone users are fed up with their choices, it won't happen. The lack of apps and support from mainstream media; not to mention Microsoft's retrenchment is more of a deterrent than an appealing factor.
    12-10-2016 05:50 PM
    Unless Android or iPhone users are fed up with their choices, it won't happen. The lack of apps and support from mainstream media; not to mention Microsoft's retrenchment is more of a deterrent than an appealing factor.
    Can't argue with that.
    libra89, mark233, Timbre70 and 2 others like this.
    12-10-2016 05:54 PM
    I'm thinking like I think a lot of Windows OS mobile users think ... it's silly to try to convince someone that 'this is oh my god way cooler than iOS or Android' ... it isn't. It's different, and it's a personal preference.
    You like iOS ... Android? ... that's fine with me. I like them also but prefer Windows ... all is good. Here, have some bottled water. I prefer Ozarka --- but hey, I'll drink some of whatever you have ... it'll still quench my thirst.
    Last edited by mark233; 12-10-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    12-10-2016 06:41 PM
    Free GPS without internet or payment using here maps thats how i used to win over rival OS, but now it doesn't support windows 10 unfortunately
    12-11-2016 09:50 AM
    Free GPS without internet or payment using here maps thats how i used to win over rival OS, but now it doesn't support windows 10 unfortunately
    You can download maps for offline use. Go to settings>system>offline maps and download whatever maps you want. You even have the option to download them to your SD card.

Also, Here WeGo is available for Android and you have the same options.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    12-11-2016 10:10 AM
    You can download maps for offline use. Go to settings>system>offline maps and download whatever maps you want. You even have the option to download them to your SD card.

Also, Here WeGo is available for Android and you have the same options.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    Maps is useless in the country i live, if search no results found and also dependability of maps is poor i feel, after Here Maps got acquired German car manufacturers, the competition of mobile gps changed among platforms
    12-12-2016 04:07 AM
    Maps is useless in the country i live, if search no results found and also dependability of maps is poor i feel, after Here Maps got acquired German car manufacturers, the competition of mobile gps changed among platforms
    Maps uses Here technology, just not the name.
    12-12-2016 08:22 AM
    Hello all,
    yay for my first post :) one feature the others don't have? The most important one for me is being able to enable my phone to automatically receive and load MMS messages even when the Mobile Data is off. So - no cellular connection, but MMSs are allowed to push through.

Under Messages app > ...> Settings > link Change more Settings > link SIM card > and the fourth option here is a toggle for this setting... not available on all firmwares, as I noticed..

I even called my carrier's customer support and the operator didn't believe me that this option exists... W10M ftw!
    Edit: I'll start bragging with this the next time I see someone switching settings on Android xD
    Last edited by equatorx; 12-13-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    12-13-2016 10:36 AM
    I guess it happens to the best of them.

Apple Halts WatchOS 3.1.1 After Reports of Bricking (Phone Scoop)
    12-14-2016 03:07 PM
    W10M is a good OS but needs serious polishing to fix design inconsistencies and bugs. I have a coworker who had iPhone and then switched to android. He did not like his android experience so he was very interested in the switch to windows mobile and I just could not recommend it to him at all. With the instability of the platform and abandonment from Microsoft it would be in bad conscious, taste, and morality to recommend windows phone to anyone. Recommending it would be a cruel act of vengeance.
    theefman and SPS828 like this.
    12-23-2016 08:51 AM
    The problem with WP today is that users have literally just 4 to 7 options to buy from.

1 GB devices are not enough for W10M. SD200-400 are again not enough. Sure it works, but it's not a perfectly smooth experience.

There are almost zero SD6xx class devices available.

Devices that provide a reasonable experience today: Lumia 930, L1520, 950, 950 XL, Acer Jade Primo, HP X3, and Alcatel Idos 4S.

PS: Even typing this comment in the WCentral app on a Lumia 830 on W10M RS1 was jerky for example.
    12-23-2016 09:06 AM
    Tell them Surface is coming. ARM is coming. Apps are coming. The future is coming.
    12-23-2016 10:41 AM
    Tell them Surface is coming. ARM is coming. Apps are coming. The future is coming.
    My guess 99% of Android / IOS users care about the now and not the future.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    12-23-2016 10:53 AM
252 ... 56789 ...