Transfering Playlists from Xbox Music to Windows Phone

bremen1535

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I am fairly new to using Windows 8.1 as a whole, but really new to using Xbox Music.

I just created a play list in Xbox music, but I cant seem to figure out how to transfer the playlist and the tracks to my phone (Lumia 928 running 8.1).

Any ideas?

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I am fairly new to using Windows 8.1 as a whole, but really new to using Xbox Music.

I just created a play list in Xbox music, but I cant seem to figure out how to transfer the playlist and the tracks to my phone (Lumia 928 running 8.1).

Any ideas?

I have the xbox music pass, so the situation may not apply:
The playlists should show up in your cloud collection - you can go to music.xbox.com and see if it's showing up there. So transferring playlists are not needed.
The songs in your playlists need to be sync-ed to your phone (if they are not part of the cloud collection). Just download windows phone app for desktop (which can be used on windows 7), and sync your songs to the phone.
Last step is to go to your music app on your phone, and wait patiently for like ~30 minutes to finish scanning/loading etc.

A word of advice: if listening to music is very very important to you, get an iPhone; xbox music app works better on it. Syncing iPhone with iTunes is even better.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
If you don't have the music pass

1) connect phone to computer
2) open xbox music and display the playlist you want to copy across
3)open charms bar (cursor top right or bottom right) and select share, then click on phone

playlist will then be copied over to phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon