Elite X3 and AT&T Visual Voicemail

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
For those wondering if Visual Voicemail works on the Elite X3 with AT&T, it does. Just had to log in, and it showed up. I know the 950/950xl dual SIM did not work right out of the box. I am running the production ring AU.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
For those wondering if Visual Voicemail works on the Elite X3 with AT&T, it does. Just had to log in, and it showed up. I know the 950/950xl dual SIM did not work right out of the box. I am running the production ring AU.

Correct, the 950/950xl dual sims didn't work right out of the box because there was an OS update that enabled it, which the Elite X3 has.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
How did you set it up exactly? I just switched to att and got my elite yesterday.

On AT&T you need to call the voicemail number the first time, use the voicemail icon at the bottom of the call history screen to do this. Once you've made the initial call in and set up your voicemail with a pin the visual voicemail icon should apper at the top of the screen a few seconds after your initial call ends.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
That's what I did on my 950xl, which has both an AT&T as well as a T-Mobile SIM. VVM works on the device.

I expect the Elite X3 will work same.

Would LOVE VoLTE.

Kadafi24

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Albatross2
Originally Posted by q21701
How did you set it up exactly? I just switched to att and got my elite yesterday.

On AT&T you need to call the voicemail number the first time, use the voicemail icon at the bottom of the call history screen to do this. Once you've made the initial call in and set up your voicemail with a pin the visual voicemail icon should apper at the top of the screen a few seconds after your initial call ends.

I did my initial voicemail set up after receiving my phone but now I'm trying to set up my visual voicemail but can't seem to find this option

josephan

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't set up the first time, try resetting your voicemail password on the ATT website. Wait a few minutes then call in into the voicemail through the phone app. It will have you set a new password, greeting, etc. When finished with your settings, hang up and a few minutes later the visual voicemail icon should show up on the top menu. I had to do this a couple of times to get it.

DUITDale

May 29, 2014
Visit site
that worked perfectly ...(with a prior AT&T phone and voicemail used) ...just dialed voicemail from Call History - beautiful!!!
I don't know how long I'd have gone before I did that if you hadn't posted this. Thanks:smile:

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone knows, but I started using iSeeVM back when the 950XL just came out because it didn't have support. Since then, I haven't been able to get the built-in visual voicemail to work.

Do I have to turn off iSeeVM by dialing the special code before the phone will recognize that I have AT&T visual voicemail when I call my AT&T voicemail? Right now after I call my AT&T voicemail, it doesn't ask me for my voicemail PIN like it is supposed to.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do I have to turn off iSeeVM by dialing the special code before the phone will recognize that I have AT&T visual voicemail when I call my AT&T voicemail?

Yes.

ISeeVM changes the forward to # when you don't answer to YouMail. Turning off ISeeVM will restore the default forward to # which goes to your carrier.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So I've actually been seeing the network indicator flash between LTE and LTE+ but it never consistently remains LTE+. So I don't think it's actually working.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Found out some interesting information. While speaking to AT&T about my Elite X3 tonight and making sure it was registered on their backend properly, they informed me that the Elite X3 is not on their list of HD Voice capable devices YET. Any news out there regarding this?

They seemed confident in that they are just waiting on the news between AT&T/HP for it to be a sealed deal....Or do you think this was just blown smoke? I recall an article out there where the Microsoft 640s got the HD Voice updates pushed to them, so I am hopeful the X3 gets this soon.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The AT&T Branded Lumia 950 gets HD Voice on the At&T network but the Microsoft Branded version does not. It is identical hardware. The only difference is the provisioning on the back end. I will be stunned if the Elite X3 is treated any different than the MS Lumia 950.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Elite X3 and AT&T Visual Voicemail

I wad pretty amazed to see my questions answered this way, they even put me on a priority mailing list to be notified. Could just be their standard operating procedure though.

Sent from mTalk

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Found out some interesting information. While speaking to AT&T about my Elite X3 tonight and making sure it was registered on their backend properly, they informed me that the Elite X3 is not on their list of HD Voice capable devices YET. Any news out there regarding this?

They seemed confident in that they are just waiting on the news between AT&T/HP for it to be a sealed deal....Or do you think this was just blown smoke? I recall an article out there where the Microsoft 640s got the HD Voice updates pushed to them, so I am hopeful the X3 gets this soon.

HP was getting their phone certified for AT&T; not the same as selling it or branding. Means, however, that the phone should use most AT&T services out of the box.

I suppose HP could do it in the firmware, but not 100% sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2