Why will my LG SP80 slim portable DVD writer not play DVDs after installation on my Surface Book?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I installed the disk drive with CyberLink Media Suite 10 for DVD (that had come in disk form with the drive) on my Surface Book that has Windows 10 installed. The CyberLink program opens with did the whole Autorun thing and I had also downloaded Media Player for Windows to play the actual DVD with. I instructed my computer to open the disk with Media Player whenever a disk was inserted but it does not play the movie. Can I play the movie on CyberLink Media Suite? When I open the disk drive file on My PC, it just has a bunch of files from 1999. Does this make any sense?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I installed the disk drive with CyberLink Media Suite 10 for DVD (that had come in disk form with the drive) on my Surface Book that has Windows 10 installed. The CyberLink program opens with did the whole Autorun thing and I had also downloaded Media Player for Windows to play the actual DVD with. I instructed my computer to open the disk with Media Player whenever a disk was inserted but it does not play the movie. Can I play the movie on CyberLink Media Suite? When I open the disk drive file on My PC, it just has a bunch of files from 1999. Does this make any sense?

Forget power dvd, uninstall it: a easy light and simple free player does perfectly the job, like VLC or Media Player Classic in the K-Lite codeck pack full.

1999 date means unknow date (on Win8.1 it wrote 2006)
Win10 hasn't right license for playin dvd inside (it expired on 8.1) so a free app can do the job

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

search settings for autoplay options - there should be something for discs

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2