Is it possible to edit workouts?

Mark Barbieri

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Would like to know if I can edit my treadmill run on the app or website. I'd do a treadmill run while my band is in "run" mode (GPS off). When I finish, the band interprets the distance/pace differently than the actual run. I'd like to know if I can edit to reflect the actual data.

TY

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Sort of. I've been wondering the same thing. One option -- probably not what you're hoping for -- is that your workout data will sync to any number of partner sites (e.g., mapmyrun), which then allow you to go in and override the values automatically sent by the Band. An even uglier option is to export the workout data (Unband app works well) and fiddle with the values in the GPX file. Those too can then be uploaded to a partner site. However, once you press "End" there's no option to alter them in the Health app or on the Health Dashboard. :angry:

I don't remember if this is somewhere in the stickied post for feature suggestions, but I'd really love to see a trim/join function for workouts, so like you're wondering, users could fix errors that occur (e.g., you pause in the middle of a workout and it accidentally ends the run).

​-Matt

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It would certainly be a very nice improvement to be able to edit work outs before the data gets pushed to any connected apps.

I accidentally hit the pause button on one ride, and had the Band Companion bug terminate another ride just 6 minutes after I started.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Mark, I don't think it's likely that we'll see an edit option -- at least not one that allows the modified files to propagate back into Microsoft's data banks. I have a paranoid feeling that makers of activity trackers don't want users arbitrarily modifying their data. Of course, in the case of the Band, it would normally be to repair errors the device itself created, but somehow I don't think that pro outweighs the perceived con that people would abuse the option (which would then presumably wreak havoc on sites where people "compete" on courses or routes).

-Matt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk