Why won't my Microsoft Band count steps accurately?

BluStorm3D

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Band for about a month. Had the Fitbit Charge HR before... I tried to love the Band but it just isnt accurate. My step count is off by thousands of steps a day. I can get up walk from one room to the next and back at least 60-75 steps in total and it will count 0. I am swinging my arm. 20 trips like this a day and things add up. If I dont leave the house for the day I am lucky if I make it to a 1000 steps a day. I know the fitbit gave me extra steps.. But not giving me any steps I think is worse. Not everyone goes out for a run everyday. This doesnt seem to be the tracker for chasing after two toddlers..

GranDawn

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand why the band will wait to count at 20 steps. That is so not cool! I hear folk talking about the Fitbit over counting (and I've not had that issue), but I'd prefer an "accurate" count instead of the Microsoft Band keeping my steps away from me. I actually ran, in place, and watched my band, and it did exactly what folk had mentioned. Didn't wait to log until after 20, or so, steps. That sucks. Microsoft needs to fix this.:angry:

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
believe slight motion of the arm in a normal gate is how the watch reacts. You can set your smart phone & watch to gps and it will be more accurate but you will probably have to pay data charges.

Todd Bartimole

May 16, 2016
Visit site
The problem is that if you walk less than 10 steps and stop, those steps are lost. Over the course of a day, it makes a big difference for some people. My fianc? has a fitbit, and it'll show 1000 steps before she walks out of the door in the morning. That is an accumulation of steps from the closet to the sink to the wardrobe back to the sink, etc. My band will show 300 steps even though I am doing essentially the same thing. At work, I am up and down pulling files, going back to the desk, getting coffee, etc. These trips are short, 10 steps or so. But if I sit back down quickly, those steps appear to be lost.

The downside to the fitbit is that some activities give you a false step. My fianc? is a two finger typer, and she will get a bunch of steps from typing! While I get mad when at the end of the day I only have 8,000 steps and my fianc?e has 15,000, part of it may be that she walks more than me, but I think that I probably walked more steps. While I don't want undercounting, I don't want over counting either. (As a touch typer, I don't think I would get the typing boost....my wrist stays still!)

Mine works ok lawn mowing, but I do have an electric mower. it does still vibrate and does not affect my count... what may cause a problem is that your hand is not swinging when you walk.

The band is very accurate if you are out for a walk. If you are trying to actually count your actual steps, it may not be the most accurate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes