• Can't wait!

5 45.45%
  • Maybe/maybe not - need details

4 36.36%
  • Not worth upgrading (yet)

0 0%
  • No, I'm staying with Band 1

2 18.18%
    I wasn't satisfied with the options in the Windows Central poll, so I made my own. So, based on what's been leaked - where do you stand? (Poll closes before the MS Event Oct 6).
    09-22-2015 04:38 PM
    I think the Band was a prototype. It was Microsoft having an idea, and wanting to test the market for interest and to gather feedback. It was rough, unfinished, but at its core a great idea with a lot of features. The Band 2 is the culmination of everything Microsoft has done with the original Band, and more. It's that raw idea being polished, and I think it'll be very good.
    shiqiu likes this.
    09-22-2015 05:13 PM
    I'm waiting to see just what new features V2 has to offer before I make that decision. Just sent in my old Band the other day for replacement. It had finally succumbed to screen (all messed up) and charging (no longer holding a charge) issues. I had it since release, so it made it almost a year. If there are no compelling features in the new version, I'll probably wait until this replacement craps out before I upgrade. I'm hoping the new version has lots of good stuff though; and if so, I'll upgrade in a minute!
    gadgetrants likes this.
    09-22-2015 06:18 PM
    I intend to preorder a Band 2 as soon as possible. I was having issues with corrosion around the charging area and sent mine in for a replacement about six weeks ago. I decided to sell it on Craigslist when I saw them discounted to $150 on Best Buy, as I figured they were clearing inventory for the next generation, and I got $140 for it. I miss it a lot, but imagine that the next generation will be a hardware improvement while the firmware and health app will continue to get better.
    09-22-2015 08:09 PM