"make sure bluetooth is on and your phone is close by"

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've always had Bluetooth connectivity issues on my 1520, paired with speakers it would show still connected but no music was being played. More often than not if I turned Bluetooth off then on the phone would reboot. So nowadays, even though I'm on Windows Mobile 10 I blame the phone for any Bluetooth issues, included those described above with my Band 2.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I had this exact same error and discovered that it was just because cortana was not set up on the phone! After the OS upgrade to the newest build you need to reconfigure cortana by reinstalling or restarting it. Basically they are just a few basic steps. But after that Cortana worked on the Band 2 again. (this applies to the latest .36 build)
Yes, I found that out too, every time when there is a new build /OS update, (or even a language pack installation), the Cortana need to be re-setting up, before trying to use it on the band
Please advise how you "reinstall or restart" Cortana. I have Cortana configured on my phone and it works fine. I am using a Lumia 950 Dual SIm unlocked. Issue continues.
Just click the Cortana tile on the phone or press&hold search key, then it will automatically done. Once the Cortana Cards show up, ti should be fine , to test, do Cortana search on the phone first, to make sure Cortana works on the phone. Then try that thru the Band.
Keep the phone screen on and not locked, After press and hold the band key and ask the question/ commend, see if the phone will start the Cortana screen, if yes, then you should be fine. But if not, then re open the Microsoft health app and disable the Cortana under tile manager-> save-> re enable Cortana tile-> save. Exist the app, and try again.

Challenger51

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 XL and it seems to me that since I updated the phone to 10586.29, Cortana and replying to texts stopped working on my Band 2 with Build Version 2.0.3923.0 26 R (same problem as described by OP). I already tried unregistering the band and pairing it all over again, but to no avail. I also checked if Cortana is configured on the phone, which is definitely the case. So now I'm stuck and lacking some important features on my Band 2.

UPDATE: I just restarted my phone and things seemed to have gone back to normal for now. As usual, I'll have to wait and see if this problem will reoccur.

Last edited:

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
The whole thing could be issue of the compatibility of the health app and W10M. Since ether Microsoft health app is still the one for WP8.1.
So they should have released an W10M version of this app with better compatibility of W10M

lynehanmmike

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are others using the "Use an alternative Bluetooth audio connection for speech" under Advanced in Bluetooth options? I turned it on and had this problem - but it seems to have gone since I turned the option off.

MattAllison

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In the same boat. Sometimes it works which surprises me. Text replies via keyboard are stuck at "connecting" and voice seems to not realize that Bluetooth is, in fact, turned on and nearby.

indylux

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the problem too. Restarting works sometimes and other times no luck. I don't want to reset either the band or phone again to fix this. Lose a day's worth of band data every time.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is a big mess, currently. So much previously working stuff is now broken. Even fighting with the keyboard to write this comment. It really is enough to make someone leave the MS ecosystem.

kazheng

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I got another band today...this time from Best Buy...I returned my first Microsoft Band 2 on Black Friday, and that band worked with cortana fine and everything. However this second band...it's not working anymore...same phone different band. I think the difference is that phone OS was updated and band firmware was updated. I'm using Win10 on my 1520. FIX IT MICROSOFT! =[

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Do a factory reset on the Band, and then reconnect from scratch. And then don't use any third party apps!
I f'ed around with mine for about 24 hours, even using WRT on the phone. This has worked for me so far.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This is a known confirmed issue, we are still investigating root causes. Apologizes for the delay on this, we are all suffering the exact same pain!

Any word on this yet? Being able to respond to texts and set reminders is one of the primary functions of the Band and part of the reason I bought it. I have a 950 and anything Cortana related basically doesn't work.

Last edited:

hdtvchris

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Im on Lumia 635 Win 8.1 & Band 2...
I have experienced inconsistent bluetooth connection issues. I have the best Band 2 connection results (ie- receiving notifications on B2) when I also have my Bluetooth headset connected.
Makes me wonder if the B2 connection is going into sleep mode or something for some reason.

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Any word on this yet? Being able to respond to texts and set reminders is one of the primary functions of the Band and part of the reason I bought it. I have a 950 and anything Cortana related basically doesn't work.

When Monday comes I'll be asking more questions.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is a big mess, currently. So much previously working stuff is now broken. Even fighting with the keyboard to write this comment. It really is enough to make someone leave the MS ecosystem.

True. Prob not the bands, just the crappy W10M software. That whole team should be dumped by Satya; if I missed deadlines and couldn't manage a project schedule of half of this magnitude, my employer would dump me...

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Our next update should help improve some of the problems that people have been seeing. It won't fix things 100%, but life will be much better.

(As per usual, I can't say when the update will come out! We are very aware of how painful this is though)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes