Anyone using MS Band/ Windows phone / Myfitnesspal / smart scale?

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using the MS Band with my Lumia Icon on 8.1 DP. I also use Loseit! on my work iphone 4.

Now that I have the band I am going to switch to myfitnesspal on my lumia icon.

Myfitnesspal says they are compatible with smart scales like Withings, but withing's specs say iOS and android.

So here's my question:

Does anyone use a digital scale with the WP8 version of myfitnesspal? If so, does it work? how is it? I don't want to splurge on a smart scale if its useless with wp8.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mike, FWIW I have a fitbit flex and an aria scale. The fitbit app is okay - I don't have cyan so I can't sync via phone but I'm at my desktop PC just about everyday so band syncing is easy and the scale syncs on its own. Fitbit and MyFitnessPal link together pretty well. And both link up to MS Health+Fitness, although since the phone app for that has been updated I no longer can see my weight stats (just checked). I need to check the PC version to see if that changed as well. Aria scale works just fine with WP8.1 MFP app.

I'm curious about if I switch to the MS Band someday, will my aria scale still link with MS Health in some fashion? Do MS Health and MS Health+Fitness talk to each other?

sdrexler11791

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Apparently they are working on it, but as of now Health does not talk to health and fitness. I am guessing it won't be long before they do. MS health does integrate well with MyFitnessPal. My workouts and steps are showing up in it.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I have an Aria paired up to my Fitbit account, which syncs to MyFitnessPal, which is also linked to Microsoft Health (phew!)

Unfortunately, weight does not update to Microsoft Health. Weight in the app is merely a field you enter, presumably for it to do better calorie estimating, but it does not change dynamically. Not yet, at least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre