Why is my Lumia 640xl constantly shutting down by itself after Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why is my lumia 640xl constantly shuts down by itself after windows 10

please help me. I've updated my lumia 640xl to windows 10 two days ago. I was so happy with the update but starting last night my phone started to shut down and restart by itself many times. After I removed the battery and put it back on, at the start up screen popped up a message saying that the device was too hot and it needed to shut down. And now it keeps shutting down by itself, even after I let it cool down. Sometimes I could not access the action centre and newest problem is it said there is security problems and I need to charge for at least two hours and try to restart the device after that. Please please please help me. I love my Lumia but this is just bull*hit. Really don't know what to do

Gaurav Sag

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my lumia 640xl constantly shuts down by itself after windows 10

What I Will suggest you . First take back up of your device and remove the memory card and rest the device . After that just scan memory card and restart ur device . Hope it work

BrettoC

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem , for absolutely no reason ,( not hot or anything) the phone just randomly switches off at least 8 / 10 times a day. The problem is often I don't notice it is off for a long period . When I switch on there are multiple missed calls from my customers and emails what's apps etc. It is extremely frustrating and COMPLETELY UNECCESARY ! It is costing me time and money. Does anyone actually have a simple working solution for this issue.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why is my lumia 640xl constantly shuts down by itself after windows 10

Hard reset people sorts it im afraid to say just make sure you backup your phone first. It sorts the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes