640 users, how do you like your purchases??

harmon rabb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
the 640 is amazingly good for the price. it runs as smoothly as a 930 or 1520.

for you US people, you don't need to order them. just go to walmart. walmart has the tmobile and at&t versions for $100 and $80 respectively. the tmo version will also work on metro pcs, and the at&t version will also work on cricket.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Love it, got a Go Version. Wish it had the white shell..

I was thinking the same thing... Hopefully Microsoft comes to their senses and starts to sell the shells like they did with the 635... Customizability is huge In the market these days

You know you could just buy the shells of eBay right for like 10 bucks, Ya Know

sent from my iPhone...asking myself why I own one

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
yea i know but they coming from china and a lot of them of button issues...

Oh do they really. I didn't know that. I was going to buy a cyan color for my xl but I didn't. They were from China. I mean it's only ten bucks but still no point wasting money then.

sent from my iPhone...asking myself why I own one

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Bring him over lol... You see with android devices you can't just get a budget phone... Android OS uses so much resources that 1GB ram does not cut it anymore.... Where as Windows Mobile doesn't use nearly as much resources so a phone like a 635 with 512mb of ram still runs smooth and our 640 runs like a dream with 1GB of ram...

With all do respect this is just not the case at all. 1GB is fine on Android for the bulk of average cellphone users. Heck, I'm presently using a $29 LG Fuel as a go-between and it only has 512MB and the lowest of low-end processors out there and I can do everything on it but play high end games, which I don't play anyway.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Why didn't you bro

Honestly because I am not sure if I am going to stick with T-mobile or not tbh. I am annoyed that I can't use my XL(so i'll probably be trying to sell it if I do decide to stay with tmobile and get the 640) due to the fact it lacks their wifi calling since the coverage is so poor. My house...sucks but if you leave my house and go up the street it is fine and then for like 5-8 minutes, no service then it starts to appear again.

I am sick of this iPhone though but I am trying to hold on to it as long as possible to try and offset the cost of my 950/950 XL :p

But I came so close to buying the 640 today at Walmart. I was standing and looking at it so long they probably thought i was stealing ha

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Just wish AT&T would allow LTE on the dual sim 640 LTE phones right now.

4g is actually fine for 99% of what I do.

The 2nd sim for travel to Canada and overseas is so frigging handy... 4G over there as far as I can tell. But I've had the LTE lite up once in the UK with Orange.

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up the 640 yesterday. I'm still android all the way as it has the stuff I need and like, but still like to try new phones, especially Windows Phones. 520 is going back in the drawer. 640 will be nice to mess with.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just wish AT&T would allow LTE on the dual sim 640 LTE phones right now.

4g is actually fine for 99% of what I do.

The 2nd sim for travel to Canada and overseas is so frigging handy... 4G over there as far as I can tell. But I've had the LTE lite up once in the UK with Orange.

I am not using my XL dual sim but I could've sworn it
A. Has all Att bands
B. Was running full LTE when I used it

D

Deleted member 199301

Will the MetroPCS 640 work on T-Mobile? That's quite a significant price difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon