AUSTRALIANS: Lumia 950 XL/ Lumia 950 Waiting Game/ 1st Impression/ Review/ roblems

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
mine arrived too! did the small firmware update. work. shame not many applications are supported. mostly just need VPN and RDP

SteveSAPA

May 12, 2014
Visit site
mine arrived too! did the small firmware update. work. shame not many applications are supported. mostly just need VPN and RDP

RDP works for me. I used it at work for a few hours. The mouse freezes sometimes but other than that it works fine. I just can't print from the mail app and edge and can't open attachments as it says there are no apps to support it yet.

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Ordered my 950XL from Optus, picking it up from the local post office on Sat morning. Coming from a HTC M9. It should be an interesting journey as I really like Windows 10. Will post my experiences over the weekend.

indianarash7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Received my dock via startrack post, no intimation from Microsoft that it has been posted
Used continuum for the first time with a dock! wohoooa works perfectly! just need some more apps!
Its the future of the technology!!

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I picked my 950XL up from the post office in Saturday. Nice packaging, no headset but that's OK as I have a decent pair already. Booted the phone, put in my Microsoft account details, proceeded to download Windows insider and changed to slow ring. Downloaded .29 then .107. Downloaded all the apps I wanted to use including Facebook beta. No showstoppers so far.

This phone is damn fast and smooth. The screen is beautiful. The power button is in the perfect position for me. The only app I do miss is YouTube. Not very impressed with Google snubbing this platform. It certainly doesn't deter me from buying or using Win10 Mobile. I much prefer this OS compared to Android.

Battery life seems to be getting better after a few days. Can go a whole day on the same charge with moderate use. I had to keep topping up my HTC M9 half way through the day with the same kind of use.

I look forward to receiving my dock and using some of those universal apps on the big screen. I used miracast on android and wasn't impressed.

Microsoft need to update their own apps to the same standard as their IOS and Android versions. I find it amazing that they are not using their own OS to showcase their software. Be nice for more software companies to produce universal apps. I'm a firm believer in "Build it and they will come". There's enough of a user base with Windows Mobile to make it worthwhile for them.

Overall I'm very happy with the phone in its current state. Being a former android user I was always frustrated by Google with their constant reinventing new OSes every year without properly fixing each new release. Windows 10 Mobile is only in its infancy, the best part for all us users is that it only gets better with each new firmware and OS release

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
This phone is damn fast and smooth. The screen is beautiful. The power button is in the perfect position for me. The only app I do miss is YouTube. Not very impressed with Google snubbing this platform. It certainly doesn't deter me from buying or using Win10 Mobile. I much prefer this OS compared to Android.

try MetroTube, its a few bucks, but IMO its pretty damn good!

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I picked my 950XL up from the post office in Saturday. Nice packaging, no headset but that's OK as I have a decent pair already. Booted the phone, put in my Microsoft account details, proceeded to download Windows insider and changed to slow ring. Downloaded .29 then .107. Downloaded all the apps I wanted to use including Facebook beta. No showstoppers so far.

Battery life seems to be getting better after a few days. Can go a whole day on the same charge with moderate use. I had to keep topping up my HTC M9 half way through the day with the same kind of use.

I look forward to receiving my dock and using some of those universal apps on the big screen. I used miracast on android and wasn't impressed.

Microsoft need to update their own apps to the same standard as their IOS and Android versions. I find it amazing that they are not using their own OS to showcase their software. Be nice for more software companies to produce universal apps. I'm a firm believer in "Build it and they will come". There's enough of a user base with Windows Mobile to make it worthwhile for them.

Overall I'm very happy with the phone in its current state. Being a former android user I was always frustrated by Google with their constant reinventing new OSes every year without properly fixing each new release. Windows 10 Mobile is only in its infancy, the best part for all us users is that it only gets better with each new firmware and OS release

how come you didnt get a headset i did with my 950xl & im in NZ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon