Any ray of hope for Stylus/Pen for 950 XL!?

leNeo

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Before the launch, it was so obvious that Lumia 950 XL was coming with a stylus support, that even wpcentral-Dan had posted a render.
It disappeared at launch. Im sure this speculation came up as the hardware is expected to support it. W10 mobile does support it.
So what are the chances of getting it in future?

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I can't see the 950xl will support pen - besides, there is no slot/hole for the pen, so very doubt that they would bring one out. And no, the surface pen doesn't appear to work on 950xl either. maybe wait for surface phone?

leNeo

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I can't see the 950xl will support pen - besides, there is no slot/hole for the pen, so very doubt that they would bring one out. And no, the surface pen doesn't appear to work on 950xl either. maybe wait for surface phone?

That's the reason why Dan had posted render of a carry case a pen holder..

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Having proper pen support like the Surface Pro or Galaxy Note phones requires a special hardware digitizer. As far as I'm aware the 950xl does not have a pen digitizer.

The 950xl can use capacitive styli just like every other smartphone can, but it won't be even remotely comparable in quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon