Revert to 494, Threshold?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know, is there a registry setting to get a 95X (950 XL) to revert, if I reset it?

Something has gone horribly awry with my 14393.5 build, and no amount of resetting or disabling background use seems to be helping, my phone has become unusable for daily, given the drain rate.
Bummer, I've seen this happen, and really scratched my head, wondering why I was able to get 1.5-2 days, consistently, but now my phone has something tweaked that I'm not finding. I broke down yesterday and hard-reset, but it seemed to go from bad->worse, after I was done there.
I really wish there were some more logging/debugging tools that were readily available, I'd dig in more here, and try to figure out what's using processing, in the background, even though everything is set to not run in background, barring the very basic phone/text/calendar/alarms.

So, does anyone know how to revert?

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool. Download it, plug the phone in, and have a nice day. Current build on the server will take you back to .363 or whatever the .3 one was. Just update up to .494. Once the update applies, hard reset (I usually use the hardware key reset method after the phone boots up after the spinny gears) one more time and have a fresh .494 build. Anniversary will be released soon to production.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool. Download it, plug the phone in, and have a nice day. Current build on the server will take you back to .363 or whatever the .3 one was. Just update up to .494. Once the update applies, hard reset (I usually use the hardware key reset method after the phone boots up after the spinny gears) one more time and have a fresh .494 build. Anniversary will be released soon to production.

Thanks, I had tried that, and it took me back to 14393.5.
Possibly I need to disable Insider (Release Preview) and hard-rest, again?

It took me about 20 tries to hard-reset, the phone wouldn't disable reset-protection, couldn't connect to the network service.
14393.5 isn't ready for prime-time, IMO, it'd be a disaster to release this into the wild, in its current form.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes