Charger cable can't be separated ?

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've got 950 but surprised that charger and cable are made to stick together. Can't use the cable to connect to PC or other USB port. Am I supposed to buy a separate USB data cable myself?

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The 950 I bought the other week directly from Microsoft UK came with a separate USB cable inside the box. The wall charger that came with it has a non removable / moulded cable.

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The 950 I bought the other week directly from Microsoft UK came with a separate USB cable inside the box. The wall charger that came with it has a non removable / moulded cable.

OK. I think I understand now. I bought second hand and seller only gave me the moulded cable & charger, not the USB cable.

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I've got 950 but surprised that charger and cable are made to stick together. Can't use the cable to connect to PC or other USB port. Am I supposed to buy a separate USB data cable myself?

That is how these phones are sold. 950XL has the same charger. That's why they include separate USB cable for connecting to PC...

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My guess, it's because the only way to get "fast charging" is through this set up, or Type-C to Type-C because Type-A USB collectors can't get the required voltage through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit