03-26-2019 07:50 AM
27 12
tools
    hey all I know this is a bit late.....but I found a mint 950xl dual sim on the net for 250usd....
    a few questions....
    1. is it worth the 250usd?
    2. apps- I'm really not app heavy I can do without a lot of them...the most I use are:
    whatsapp, whatsapp business & gb whatsapp (personal local business and my overseas business)
    office apps (word excel) onedrive mail camera cortana
    I do flirt with FB and FB messenger (look at a few pics like comment.....post only really for my businesses) so it's nothing major I use FB for but I find that my non local business customers are heavy FBMess users
    I'll need an app to download YT videos and videos from websites (dailymotion for example) and as a big fan of series and movies I'll also need a terrarium/showbox type app
    granted my particular usage would this purchase be a good one?
    Even as a 950XL owner who still uses it as a daily driver, I can't recommend it as a "good" purchase. It'll be perfectly fine for the rest of the year for most of your stuff in #2 . I can't vouch for whatsapp and FB but the others are fine, although Cortana gets less useful by the day. Now I only use it to read texts in the car over Bluetooth and for setting reminders. Can't remember the last time I actually opened the app for anything. Anyway, MyTube is a great a YT client so you're also covered there. But the end is nigh and who knows how much stuff like phone backup and auto photo upload to OneDrive will still work this time next year. MS already said there are no guarantees any MS service/app will work very long after the official EOL in December. If this will be your first foray into W10M, then I'd definitely look elsewhere. You can get the full MS experience on Android and reasonably close on iOS, if that's what you're looking for. MS has done a good job of making their apps and services at least as good and in a lot of cases better on Android/iOS than on W10M. And if the MS experience isn't important to you, then there's no reason to look at W10M unless you want a fun piece of mobile history to play with on occassion.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-14-2019 12:40 PM
    Picture quality was mentioned above and that's true and also that newer phones handle low light better thanks to the extra processing power available (the Google Pixel phones notably) but where the Nokia phones (those with Rich Audio like the 830/930/650, etc...) remain unbeaten in my opinion is for audio recording. They produce amazing results thanks to their "Rich Audio Mics" that neither LG with their V30 or Nokia with OZO audio on the Nokia 8 have been able to replicate.
    03-26-2019 07:50 AM
27 12