4 second shutter speed ? 950 camera

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
No matter what i try I cant get this function to produce a result, I get a complete white image, say for example I want to take an image of running water, the 4 second shutter should blur the water to make a time lapse effect, but too much light gets in and the result is a white image.
Tried lowering brightness, iso values, everything simply results in white out.
Anyone managed a decent image using 4 second shutter speed ? Thanks.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
How do you suggest I adjust exposure? ISO, Brightness, shutter speed and white balance in various different configuration's (auto focus) all produce a white out image.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
How do you suggest I adjust exposure? ISO, Brightness, shutter speed and white balance in various different configuration's (auto focus) all produce a white out image.

Don't bother, without a proper filter you cannot get a picture in daytime with 4 sec exposure, NO WAY.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
No camera, whatever app it uses, can get a proper picture during daylight with 4 seconds open shutter, without a filter.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
To get a flowing water effect, you need a nd filter, especially in the daytime. I suggest you start with 0.05 sec shutter, 100 iso, and then slowly increase the time. You'll see the difference. I could go upto 0.5 seconds on my lumia 1020 before the white parts became too much - this was in daylight but I tried taking photos in the shade

If you can try at night, I believe you could go to about 4 seconds if there are no strong light sources in the scene

Smiley8893

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Sorry my previous post didn't factor in day time shots. I see how you mean it goes white now! I guess ND filter adaptation for the phone would be handy!

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't overlook the need for a tripod or other absolutely stable support. And even then, you may find the OIS introducing a bit of unwanted movement unless you aim and then wait several seconds for the OIS to settle to a final position before you shoot.

Paul

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon