Windows live calendar/contact management

bricot

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a shared windows live account for my wife and I so we have a shared calendar. We each have our Contacts assigned to a Category(our names) to keep them separate. Can you specify which contact category to synch to the phone? I don't want all of hers and she doesn't want mine.

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I really dont think so...

I would like to know for sure though.

You might end up with one of the next 2 posibilities.

1. You get all contacts
2. You get no contacts at all becasue of problems due to them being assigned to a groups.

:D

Let us know how it goes

bricot

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I put my contacts in with my name as the category and got them all without question. So it would appear it ignores categories. This would indicate if I put her contacts in I would get them as well. Would be nice to be able to say if you wanted contacts/calendar per account you set up. I would also like to sync with my corporate outlook account, and I sure don't want all of my work contacts on this phone!

jscher2000

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
I would also like to sync with my corporate outlook account, and I sure don't want all of my work contacts on this phone!

For comparison: in WinMo 6.x, Exchange ActiveSync for Contacts was an "all or nothing" affair, no options for selecting only some contacts. However, I think you can control what is sync'd by restructuring your Contacts folder(s) in your Mailbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes