Anyone here full Microsoft?

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm all Microsoft too! A Nokia Lumia 620 that is a WP, so I use all of Microsoft's services and I plan to get a Surface Pro 3 soon. Go Microsoft!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Tech junkie here. Can't limit myself like that.
I have an iMac .... with a Windows 8.1 bootcamp partition
I have a laptop with 8.1 and a Ubuntu partition.

I have an iPhone 5s, a Nokia 1520, and an LG G2.

I use google chrome as my web browser on Mac and Windows desktops. Safari on my iPhone, and IE on the Nokia.

Love all of it. I want an iPad and a surface Pro 3.

BTW, did you know if you have a Mac, Microsoft made an app that will sync iTunes directly to your Nokia phone? as well as Pics to iPhoto.
works like a charm.

I love apple, love android phones, and love microsoft. I can't limit myself to one thing. Use All tech!!

I am also an audiophile. I use Tube preamps, but prefer solid state amps. lol No limits!
I understand. For me that's too complicated! I like everything to work seamlessly together or at least as close to that as I can get. But three phones! Are you counting family? Well,, I guess I can't say much either. Im like that with certain things. Kind of an audiophile myself. Older Es series sony receiver hooked up to a superaudio player, minidisc, and vinyl player. All outputting through my allesis studio moniter ones MK2. For portable. Zune 80g playing lossless wma with fiio headphone amp to ue triple fi 10's.

ViniBT

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Except for my Gmail account, all the rest is Microsoft:

* Hardware: X360, Dell Inspiron 14z running W8.1, Lumia 2520 running W8.1, Lumia 920 running WP8
* Software/Subscriptions: Office 2013, OneDrive, Xbox Music

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I understand. For me that's too complicated! Three phones! Are you counting family? Well I can't say much either in like that with certain things. Kind of an audiophile myself. Older Es series sony receiver hooked up to a superaudio player, minidisc, and vinyl player. All outputting through my allesis studio moniter ones MK2. For potable Zune 80g playing lossless wma with fiio headphone amp to ue triple fi 10's.

All 3 phones are mine. I just send a group text to my circle letting them know which phone to text me on that day.
i usually have all 3 with me anyways. wife also has Nokia 1520 in black. I went red.

I have Paradigm Studio 60's v5 driven by a Naim amp, linn CD player with Prima Luna pre amp. I'm pretty happy with the sound. ;)
had Magnepan 2.7's but wife made me get rid of em, too big...

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
HP non touch win 8.1 laptop, Asus t100, and 3 windows phones in the house. Never owned an apple or android device.

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll admit two things here before I begin. 1) I'm a Microsoft ******. 2) I have enough common sense as a ****** to know that the services I use aren't going to meet everyone's needs or preferences.

That being said, is anyone else here but me fully engrained in the Microsoft ecosystem and absolutely loving it?

If you're not, what or why are the reasons? I ask out of curiosity and hopefully I can get a better understanding on the community as a whole.

Surface pro 1
nokia 1520
2 xbox ones
3 xbox 360s
big ole 8.1 desktop
<---fan boy...

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
pc with windows 8.1 pro. 2 windowsphone was having xbox 360 but it is broken now so i am waiting for xboxone to arrive in india.
Not fully Microsoft as i use google chrome as my default browser,have one spare BB device

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Also have am Xbox. And Microsoft has finally taken care of my biggest gripe with it, charging Xbox live subscription to use Netflix through it (I don't play games online and don't stream music with it so have always had to pay the fee for them to basically enable the wifi antenna, what the hell).

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm never going to be able to go full Microsoft because I'm a Nintendo fan myself :p

That aside, at the moment, I'm not able to be so. I have an iPad mini/iPhone 5 combo right now, which I'm going to replace with an Asus T100/Lumia 630 within the next few weeks, just in time for going back to school. I have a Win8 laptop as well.
I'm going to live with my 3DS for gaming, for obvious reasons, and I'm going to pick up a Wii U as well.

Now, despite the fact that I recognize that Google has superior online services - aside from GMail and their office replacements, of course - I've stuck with Microsoft all the way. I guess I really am a Microsoft fan.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Me and my 2 runts are MS. They each got WP8's last contract (L1020 & L920). Then, I had them open up Outlook.com for their contacts. Then introduced them both to Onedrive and how to sync things. Now, their Gmails sit unused, they each have WP8 laptops, and my son made me laugh out loud they other day when I heard him tell his best friend that his iPhone was a real cute toy, but that he should put it away and let him handle the big stuff on his WP. My girl called me up in a panic- she needed a better case to protect her L1020 before something happened to "her baby" because her first case broke after she dropped it.

XBOX Music on each phone.

Me? HP Touchscreen Laptop WP8. I would never own a tablet, but I will never go back to a non-touch laptop now. L920. All MS except my old SBC Global email account which I use for the junk sites that request your email.

Much like fatclue, can't say anything about my stubborn, Android-owning-Yahoo-email-using-firefox-searching wife.....

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
No way, there are just too many good products out there right now. Family has five iphones, four ipads, my 920, couple of dell windows 8 laptops, couple of win7 desktops, my hackintosh\win 7 machine, and hopefully a new android phone for me soon.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm also a fan of Microsoft and I don't plan on using any other products. All the PC's I used, had and built all ran on Microsoft OS, from XP to Win7 and now Win8.1. I tried to explore Linux for learning purposes only. Never even thought on using Apple products, I'm simply not impressed.

Even when gaming, I go with Microsoft. I preferred playing on Xbox rather than PS2, except only to play Ar Tonelico. Even today, I still choose to play on Xbox 360 (hell yeah Halo 4) instead of Playstation 4.

And finally, when it comes to phones, Microsoft is still my pick. When I had to move to the smartphone era, Windows Phone is my only choice. I bought a Lumia 900 and now I'm using Lumia 1520. I tried using other phones but for me they can never match up to whatever Microsoft has to offer.

jimv2000

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I ditched Google for Bing awhile back. No regrets. In fact, I like Bing's results and presentation a lot more.

I switched my email, calendar, and contacts from Gmail to Outlook. It syncs better with my PC and new phone.

I've got Windows 8.1 on all of my computers.

I use OneDrive for storage and remote file access.

I use Office 365 for Office on 5 PCs.

I have a Visual Studio subscription.

I just got a Lumia Icon to replace my Galaxy Nexus and it is my preciousssss.

I work for an IT dept that uses MS products.

So yeah, I guess I'm all in, and I am loving it.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Full MSFT here. WP7 & WP8, W8, Xbox, Paying for OneDrive, Xbox Live. I'm not a satisfied customer. Only YouTube occasionally. There are still many stupid things about MSFT and there choices. Used to be a fan boy. A bit sceptic but the choices are horrible.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I am a full Microsoft, windows phone, windows 8.1 , Bing, outlook, Bing maps and here maps also daily user of OneDrive
I ditched Google 6 months ago and it feels great, Bing is a great alternative for Google

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Near full Microsoft - I own a Surface Pro 2 w/ Office 2013, Lumia 1020 and all my computers (except for a seven-year old laptop, which runs Linux) run either Windows 7 or 8.1. I actively use OneDrive across all my devices, and I use IE11 on my Pro 2 (because Chrome is a power-hog, and does not like HiDPI displays). However my main email account is still with Google (I have several email accounts feeding into it so setting it all up again would be annoying) and I still prefer Google for searching although I use Bing with Cortana.

So I guess you could say I'm 92% Microsoft?

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yup...I use MS all the way - desktop machine, Surface 2, Lumia 720, OneDrive, Outlook.com, Office 365, Windows Security Essentials (or whatever they name their built in AV program), Arc Mouse, increasingly Bing for search (as in its on IE 11 - desktop and Metro and on FF).

Aside from this, however, I do have an iPad Air (dedicated for reading work-related books and rare web browsing).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes