1. Sam_93's Avatar
    I was thinking what if 950 duos dont generate the required hype . What all could go wrong then ? We may be left with closed iOS and 'frightening' bug ridden android. What else ?
    10-22-2015 11:43 PM
  2. Tumultus's Avatar
    For now, does it really matter? Let's see how well W10M will be adopted in the upcoming months. It is doubtful that Microsoft is going to pull the plug before the operating system is even out, so, why worry?

    In a year (or 10), if Microsoft decides to do away with W10M, people will adapt, so, sitting here and debating "what if ..." scenarios won't change the way things will be going. Enjoy whatever device you're using. When you're due for a new one, assess the market and pick whatever is available and whatever suits your needs the most. If there will be nothing but iOS and Android, then so be it! These days, it isn't so much about what operating system you're running but if your apps and services are available on them or not.

    I don't see the point in this "what if ..." discussions at all!
    Sam_93, libra89 and christenmartin like this.
    10-23-2015 12:12 AM
  3. tgp's Avatar
    We may be left with closed iOS and 'frightening' bug ridden android.
    That's what 97% of smartphone users have now. Would the world as we know it be doomed if the remaining 3% joined them?
    10-23-2015 12:20 AM
  4. msnawe's Avatar
    Android is not that bad but the paradox is to see better options like bb10, sailfish and WP disappear and something less user friendly remain.
    10-23-2015 01:19 AM
  5. fdalbor's Avatar
    I have to agree, the world will not end if WP goes the way of the Dodo. But the market needs more choices than Android and IOS. I use a WP as my main phone and a Android phone as my secondary phone. My PCs are all Windows and my Tablets all Android. I'm very comfortable with my getup and if WP does OK that's fine but if Microsoft let's it fail so be it.
    MysticForce likes this.
    10-23-2015 05:19 AM
  6. Sam_93's Avatar
    yeah me too thinking in a different way. Why MS doesnt release their version of android and be with it ? Sprewed with all of MS apps and continuous updates. Just like that . Apps are either leaving the ecosystem or are not updated for long time except likes of a few.
    10-23-2015 06:40 AM
  7. MysticForce's Avatar
    I don't think that MCSFT will go far with phones.
    I think that W10M looks great, this could help but still apps are very bas. I can't stand to take a look on whatsapp, It looks terible.
    Also apps are missing so many options. I love WP but I don't see any good reason for users to use WP + tiles are very ugly for most users.

    Anyway I'm a windows phone user.
    10-23-2015 07:04 AM
  8. Spectrum90's Avatar
    340 million smartphones were shipped in q2 2015. Windows Phone market share fell to 1.7%. Soon it will be under 1%.
    10-23-2015 07:33 AM
  9. theefman's Avatar
    That's what 97% of smartphone users have now. Would the world as we know it be doomed if the remaining 3% joined them?

    It'll be anarchy!!! The streets will run red with the blood of WP fans trying to cope with rounded corners, widgets and icons with red notifications on them!!! Chaos, I tell you!!!!
    tgp and Sam_93 like this.
    10-23-2015 07:40 AM
  10. Krystianpants's Avatar
    Why would it continue selling outdated phones. The companies making the most money are the ones doing flagships. And while mint left the eco system many have come since windows 10. They will be back. Ms just need to continue flag ships and convince companies like Samsung and lg to provide windows 10 versions of their phones. They need more partnerships. And once xbox one is on windows 10. Guess what.. People will make apps because xbox is doing well. Ps4 it's fine better but that's because ms forced the Kinect at first. So they fell behind. But still better than Nintendo. And they will continue to make windows 10 better for desktop and phone. The stats are expected. Powerful phones sell. Dingy ones don't. Look at the insane sales for iphone 6s. People were waiting for more ram. Look at edge. I think assessing the market at a time when windows 8.1 is still the only solution on low end phones means nothing.
    10-23-2015 07:51 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Find name of Lumia phone (ex. Lumia 920) through RM- (ex. RM-822)?
    By dao hong in forum General Phone Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-26-2015, 10:26 AM
  2. Why are my Adobe apps (Master Suite CS6) barely legible on the screen when activated?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2015, 05:21 AM
  3. Why I'm not able to call anyone with my earphones plugged in?
    By Digdarshan Kavia in forum Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 09:58 PM
  4. Newest preview on Lumia 925
    By Luis Ortiz6 in forum Nokia Lumia 925
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 08:47 PM
  5. Moving items from phone to new SD card on Lumia 1520?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Nokia Lumia 1520
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD