Official "I have the Surface 2" thread

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got my Surface 2 a couple of months back. But, just wanted to say that I scored a purple Type Cover 2 for Christmas. The thing works great! It may not get a lot of use due to the way I enjoy the tablet, but it's sure nice to have when needed!

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I just got my surface 2 the day after Christmas at a Microsoft specialty store! So far I love it!! The only complaint I have is if there's a drop down menu on a website its really hard to click on it, does anyone know if this will be fixed or if there's an easier way?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got my surface 2 the day after Christmas at a Microsoft specialty store! So far I love it!! The only complaint I have is if there's a drop down menu on a website its really hard to click on it, does anyone know if this will be fixed or if there's an easier way?
If you have a touch or type keyboard, just use the track pad to hover the mouse cursor over the drop down.. Or plug in a USB mouse.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got my Surface 2 a couple of months back. But, just wanted to say that I scored a purple Type Cover 2 for Christmas. The thing works great! It may not get a lot of use due to the way I enjoy the tablet, but it's sure nice to have when needed!
Same here! Love my purple type cover 2!

sunc

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Drop down menu's on websites require you to move the mouse to the menu without clicking. This is called as "hover". With Windows 8.1 and IE11, you can use "Tap + Hold" on the touch screen for mouse hover (Hold for a few seconds). Its not perfect, but works most of the times. For click, just "Tap".

Some technical details from Microsoft Site:

Hover touch support (Windows)

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Been trying to get one since before Thanksgiving. Decided to stop in the specialty store just to see if they have any, and they had 1 left! Wanted to get a type cover 2 as well, but they were out of stock on those. :(

But have been playing with it for a few hours, including making 1.5 hour Skype call, and am loving it so far! Now if I can only get the type cover...

Btw, does anyone have any thoughts on whether the Microsoft assurance plan is worth getting?

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised with one on Christmas day. My wife was able to snag on at MSRP. I am loving it so far. I can't wait to use it for my last semester. I'm still searching for a regular price touch cover 2 though. I just got ordered a 64gb micro sd, a 3.0 usb hub, and a nice pleather sleeve off of amazon.

I must say that the microsoft store is really lacking though. I was looking for a decent crossword puzzle app, and they all are terrible. I think once I graduate, I want to develop an app or two just for fun. Anyone know the easiest coding language to start with if you have no experience?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I must say that the microsoft store is really lacking though. I was looking for a decent crossword puzzle app, and they all are terrible. I think once I graduate, I want to develop an app or two just for fun. Anyone know the easiest coding language to start with if you have no experience?

Learn C# first, then Visual Studio.

lucy perry

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I brought the surface pro 2 less than 2 weeks ago and the pen has stopped working. i have done all the obvious answers such as restarting, turning it off and on, installing new updates and even calibrating which never worked as it completely does not work and the pen is not being registered. however touch is still working. Can anyone help with my situation as obvious i'm upset about this breaking so soon! thanks in advance

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I brought the surface pro 2 less than 2 weeks ago and the pen has stopped working. i have done all the obvious answers such as restarting, turning it off and on, installing new updates and even calibrating which never worked as it completely does not work and the pen is not being registered. however touch is still working. Can anyone help with my situation as obvious i'm upset about this breaking so soon! thanks in advance

I believe you've done EVERYTHING most of us have don't to resolve pen issues. Their support chat is awesome, have you tried to chat or call support. It could be a hardware issue since it sounds like you eliminated software issues. That is, short of doing a system recovery.

vraev

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Just got my surface 2 today. Amazing.... love this machine. Snippy and powerful. I just need vlc player and will bein businesses. U can see my friendopen his too. ��

Attachments

• IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    621.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1801.JPG
    IMG_1801.JPG
    979.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    793.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

vraev

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone still noticing crackling sound in the newer units if surface 2?? Compare the following song... jayz magna carta album from Xbox music streaming... Tom ford and f.....withmeyouknowigot it. Volume above 80% causes noticeable crackle. At 100% its completely prominent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon