Still experiencing frequent disconnects with SP3 WiFi

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
My SP3 is still having wifi issues. It is never connected when I turn the device on (even if I have the "automatic connect" turned on) and it frequently disconnects when the device has been on for awhile.

i5 4gb
College wifi

Can anyone help me out?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't think there's much anyone except Microsoft can do. Mine doesn't do it every time, but I would definitely say about 10% of the time.

Also, by "disconnects", do you mean that wifi turns off or that it just disconnects from the network? Because I know how college wifi can be, and it may just be the wifi that is causing you to disconnect.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
My SP3 is still having wifi issues. It is never connected when I turn the device on (even if I have the "automatic connect" turned on) and it frequently disconnects when the device has been on for awhile.

i5 4gb
College wifi

Can anyone help me out?

Few people have this issue, including me. You need to uninstall current Marvell WIFI driver in Device Manager and go back to old WIFI driver. Also disable Hyper V if you have enabled it. This fixed it for me. Works every time now.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...1c-a65e-fcd77a304b3a?page=48&tm=1417923138358

Link to download old WIFI driver: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ad%2Fdetails.aspx%3Fid%3D38826&token=M-azAK7q

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
"Disconnects" as in all the sudden it says the signal is unreliable and pages won't load. I know the wifi is fine because my 928 does pretty well on it. Also, when I game, I rarely get disconnected. It seems to be in certain situations that the connection gets bad.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The issue is when the device goes to sleep and doesn't reconnect to WIFI when waking up. Give it a try with the steps above from first link.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon