Videos don't show up under player - not a library issue

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has been answered, I tried search but only found two old posts that nobody replied to.

I have my sd card set up so my videos show up under my library. When I open the video player, I only see one of my videos I downloaded, the first one I tried when I was making sure my library worked correctly. But the rest I put on don't show up. They do show up under desktop mode in my library. In the video app if I do a bottom swipe and select "Open File" I can see them, but just unamed icons, which is very annoying. How the heck do I get them all to show up under "my videos" on the main xbox videos page? I need to make this simple enough for the kids to use.

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
What file format are the videos?

They are all MP4 H.264, ripped one after another using Handbrake, placed in the same folder. They all play fine.

After further searches, I have found several reported instances of this but no solutions. I even deleted the first movie, then reloaded it. Same thing. First one shows up, nothing else does. They all show up under desktop fine.

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Figured it out. I read somewhere where you must name your card folder "Videos" or apps wouldn't see it. Well, I noticed under the xbox app it said "my videos". So I renamed my folder "My Videos" like it would be on my user folder and it worked. I don't know if it was the name or just the process of renaming the folder, but it's fine now.

I wasted an entire evening on something that should be very basic. Not real happy with Microsoft right now, but hopefully somebody finds this helpful.

edit: It was the name change. I added another video and it didn't show up. Changed my video folder name again on the sd card, now it does.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes