Updating/Flashing Different Country Firmware

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm from the Philippines and I really can't wait to try black Update on my Lumia 1020 since it is still waiting for approval.

1.Is it ok to flash different country from like APAC PH to APAC SG?

2. Will the Access points on my current cellphone be available on the other firmware (access points on my cellphone are auto generated or it is their by default.)

InvisGhost

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I would never suggest doing that. You may get it onto your phone but soon realize your Microsoft account is now registering as being in another region and your subscriptions get canceled. This is something that happens and it's really a "well you were told it wasn't available for you" kind of situation. Wait for the update.

noknok79

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
hi I tried GB CV on my 920 RM-821. it works like a charm! Make sure you have proper product code ex RM-921. It doesn't matter if what ROM, it makes difference in pre-installed apps.

I picked Great Britain because its English language. So far the stock pre-installed apps are essential. EBay, world of red bull, tripod...

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
hi I tried GB CV on my 920 RM-821. it works like a charm! Make sure you have proper product code ex RM-921. It doesn't matter if what ROM, it makes difference in pre-installed apps.

I picked Great Britain because its English language. So far the stock pre-installed apps are essential. EBay, world of red bull, tripod...

do u think that we can flash att 1020 to another firmware?

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm from the Philippines and I really can't wait to try black Update on my Lumia 1020 since it is still waiting for approval.

1.Is it ok to flash different country from like APAC PH to APAC SG?

2. Will the Access points on my current cellphone be available on the other firmware (access points on my cellphone are auto generated or it is their by default.)

Update: Nokia Global site posted the "Coming Soon" tag for Lumia 1020 and 925.

I am also from the Philippines but good thing that my L1020 was brought from Malaysia (already have the black update - no need to reflash).

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Choose rogers Canada. RM-877 (If I’m not mistaken for the version). Also changing firmware doesn’t mean that it unlocks your phone (openline).

tried rogers canada,,i didn't have problem when im flashing lumia 920 att,,to anther fw,,but 1020 can't,,
im already unlocked my phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes