1020 users, given a chance for next phone, which?

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought an iPod Touch to compensate for some missing apps on the Windows Phone platform.

To be completely honest, the apps situation on WP is sub-par. Don't misunderstand me, I love the UI on my 1020; yet I can't stand how buggy/ limited some of the available apps are (e.g. Twitter, Vine, you name it). It's no longer "no apps no games" thing. It's now more like a quality issue.

According to what I just typed, I would love my next phone to be the successor of the 1020 if the apps have been improved by then. Otherwise I'll move into iOS with an iPhone (possibly a 5S because, again, personally, the size of the iPhone for what it is is PERFECT and if it got any larger will lose its 'wow' factor.)

The camera on the 1020 is why I'm actually still holding on it and bought an iPod instead of just replacing it with an iPhone. I can't imagine myself dealing with that tiny sensor after being used to this extraordinary beast!

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone seen the latest iPhone ads that centre on the phone's ability to work with exercise related wearables and apps? You know, the cheesy but cool 'You're more powerful than you think you are' ads.

Well, as far as I know, only one of the featured apps in that ad is available on Windows Phone. miCoach. None of the wearables are made for WP and this is where the platform is dying a death.

I'd glady pay for all those apps and a few of the wearables too if available but it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna stick it out with my 1020. I do have an eligible upgrade on one of my lines with AT&T that I was thinking about getting a 1520 on, (so I'd have both 1020 and 1520) but I think I'm going to wait. I was hoping for a real 1020 successor, but I hear the McLaren phones are only going to have the now "norm" it seems 20MP shooters that the 1520/Icon/930s have.

I'm going to wait and see what this next "big thing" is that MS supposedly has up their sleeves. (the 3D gestures aren't going to do it for me! ....and Andriod apps aren't going to either!)

Microsoft Mobile has to have the following features in a phone to really get me interested:

3400mAh or better battery
Micro SD card slot w/ at least 32GB onboard
41MP or better Pureview camera
Xenon flash
Glance screen
Gorilla Glass III

I'll take all that in anywhere between a 4.5 - 6 inch screen.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm chuffed with my 1020, can't see me changing it to be honest.

I have all the games I could want, a camera to kill for and an OS that responds the way I want... what more do I need? It is a phone after all... or a camera I forget which...

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1020 with the accessories I want and I see no need not to keep it as my primary phone. I will consider another 41 MP successor but none has been announce or seriously rumored at this point. I am eligible for an upgrade but I will just wait for the software updates on my 1020 and use it indefinitely if a true upgrade from the camera standpoint doesn't emerge. I may even buy a backup if the phone is discontinued and prices drop significantly. The phone is a classic.

Ma1dere

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 7, hope it will have camera module developed by ex-Nokia engineer.
Seems like Microsoft is going to able WP to run Android apps. The OS is dead in the water.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'd switch in a heartbeat if the 1020 successor comes out, retaining the sensor (or a better one) and allows focusing at a closer distance (referencing the deal with Canon... maybe hinting at a Canon Carl Zeiss joint venture)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon