The shutter on my Lumia 1020 gets stuck?

Loui Hernandez

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 1020 since around May 2014. At first it worked great and I had no problems with it, but a few months ago as I started to use the camera more and more, the shutter started getting stuck. It can happen at the worst such as when I'm at a concert or a family party. I usually have to restart the phone, re-open any app that uses the camera, and close it out.

My girlfriend got her Lumia 1020 before I did, but she always had the problem. I thought that getting the preview for developers would help, but it didn't. I have also tried resetting the camera. If anyone has any ideas on why this is happening or what I can do, I will gladly listen.

Thank you :)

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
These cameras from what I know have a manual shutter, chances are it might be something to do with apps.

I would say hard reset the handset and reinstall all cam apps one by one and see which one might be causing it. The odds are huge that 2 1020's have a hardware fault. As a last resort the handset is still under manufactures warranty, take it back.
Cheers

mattmarenic

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have same problem. I also thinking about hard reset, but for now doesn't have time to make hard reset and re-install everything. As you mention phone restart help. I mostly use Lumia Camera (ex Nokia) and looks like app is main reason for problems. But problem knows to happen in other app too (6tag).

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 1020 since around May 2014. At first it worked great and I had no problems with it, but a few months ago as I started to use the camera more and more, the shutter started getting stuck. It can happen at the worst such as when I'm at a concert or a family party. I usually have to restart the phone, re-open any app that uses the camera, and close it out.

My girlfriend got her Lumia 1020 before I did, but she always had the problem. I thought that getting the preview for developers would help, but it didn't. I have also tried resetting the camera. If anyone has any ideas on why this is happening or what I can do, I will gladly listen.

Thank you :)

I've been experiencing the same issue a few weeks back, and I've posted a thread on it with "Heart-stopping experience" in the title. However, the latest Preview for Developers update (8.10.14203.306) seems to have resolved the problem since I have not yet encountered it again - I just took over 400 shots in one day without experiencing it.

mattmarenic

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I also have feeling that problem is when you move 1020 too much as lens is not fixed.

I find that this happen (mostly) when I finished my running.

yeoldgreat1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had the phone for a year now and this has been bugging me a lot. Whenever I take a picture, the phone just says "Saving" and never gets any further, if I go back to the home screen and try to open a camera app, I only get a black screen.
I'm using the latest PFD firmware (14203) and still have a problem. I've noticed it happens with Nokia Camera, Whatsapp and others. The only thing that fixes it is a soft reset.

yeoldgreat1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
As the fault may be down to the lens not being mobile enough after a lot of movement, I wonder if a little shake of the phone before opening the camera app will be enough to loosen off the mechanism and stop it from freezing. I'll give it a try over there next week or so and let you know if my phone fails again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes