02-17-2018 04:27 PM
214 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Many Thansk for the video and all the effort.
    One question. As I got a ATT Lumia 1020, can I flash the phone with a different .ffu file using WPinternals?..Thanks in advanced!
    09-02-2016 10:59 AM
    I cannot provide my data partition, sorry. I don't want to publish my personal data on the internet
    09-02-2016 12:44 PM
    I understand your privacy issues, I do not suggest you to share your personal data. But I hope there is some way by which you can share the data partition without sharing your personal details. May be you can make the custom rom before entering your personal details or may be you can backup your data and erase it before making the custom rom.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    09-02-2016 01:58 PM
    Hi,
    I changed phone model in registry.
    Someone could give me values of original 1020?

Regards.
    09-02-2016 05:44 PM
    Hi,
    I changed phone model in registry.
    Someone could give me values of original 1020?

Regards.
    mine indian version so my values belong to india..if u belong to another country then find country code etc then download from LUMIAFIRMWARE.com use wpinternals,flash,flash original ffu..
    Attached Thumbnails screenshot-9-.png  
    09-02-2016 05:52 PM
    mine indian version so my values belong to india..if u belong to another country then find country code etc then download from LUMIAFIRMWARE.com use wpinternals,flash,flash original ffu..
    Thank you a lot.

Someone know how to install the Lumia Camera app on Redstrone2 ? Stadard camera app for 1020 is not being enough.
    09-03-2016 03:01 AM
    Thank you a lot.

Someone know how to install the Lumia Camera app on Redstrone2 ? Stadard camera app for 1020 is not being enough.
    you can use the "Whatsapp trick". Go to the store entry of Lumia Camera trough your library -> it will (probably) say your phone is not supported for lumia camera. then search for another app in the store you don't already have (anyone will do it). on this app page tap on "buy" or "download" 3 times quickly and then quickly hit the back button on your phone to get back to the store entry of LC. LC will then install
    09-03-2016 04:04 AM
    Apps are "internal use only" and there are no buttons to press.
    09-03-2016 12:28 PM
    Sorry, milkyway, can you please tell me how did you create ROM with Windows10M or give a link to some manual? I just want to save 10586 from my phone before update to RS1. I tried to backup partitions with WPInternals tools, but I need to unlock bootloader, you know. So I need FFU with current phone firmware. Is there any way to do it without flashing to WP8.1?
    09-03-2016 01:49 PM
    Sorry, milkyway, can you please tell me how did you create ROM with Windows10M or give a link to some manual? I just want to save 10586 from my phone before update to RS1. I tried to backup partitions with WPInternals tools, but I need to unlock bootloader, you know. So I need FFU with current phone firmware. Is there any way to do it without flashing to WP8.1?
    i've posted the tutorial just a few posts above yours.

@Siema_CoTam: ???
    09-04-2016 04:43 AM
    With this guide of yours, there is fully functional Glance Screen in your Lumia 1020 ?
    I have an 64Gb O2 version of 1020, and I would like to manage having it into wm10 with Glance screen functional.
    09-07-2016 03:09 AM
    Is there a way to copy back the files needed for glance without having full storage mode ?
    I have a 1020 dev unlocked and taken to redstone with the usual phone model trick. As I can understand I can restore missing registry entries with customPDF remote, then I can re-install glance app from xap...but whitout importing the dll files specified by XDA thread will glance work or not ? If I decide to go for full storage mode, is the only way to go back to 8.1 and then have the boot unlocked with Windows Phone Internals ?
    Thank You
    09-09-2016 07:53 AM
    I try to clarify my previous post, which is somehow criptic....
    I have some confusion In order to restore glance
    Actually I don't find glance on the phone, so I imagine I need to install it from .xap. Then:
    - I understand that I have to restore missing registry entries, I think customPDF remote can be used to edit registry
    - After restoring the keys, do I need to copy the dll files posted on the thread or not ?
    - If yes How can I do it ?
    - I understand that I need to copy the files with the phone in full storage mode. Is there a way to unlock the phone in full storage mode without reverting back to 8.1, or I need Windows Phone Internals, and then revert back to 8.1 and flash a new ROM ?
    I read somewhere of the MTP access, using the Interop Unlock app. Is this enough to copy dll files ? If yes, is there some guide to do this ?

Thank You very much for the attention....
    09-09-2016 12:16 PM
    Hi again,
    I had installed build 14915 of RS2 and on the update page are not available update for OS. It is possible to take update 14926 for the phone?

Regards.
    Last edited by Siema_CoTam; 09-19-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    09-19-2016 12:21 PM
    Hi again,
    I had installed build 14915 of RS2 and on the update page are not available update for OS. It is possible to take update 14926 for the phone?

Regards.
    you're better off skipping 14926 until the next build comes out - this one has issues that can only be solved using a factory reset
    09-28-2016 06:26 AM
    i've posted the tutorial just a few posts above yours.

@Siema_CoTam: ???
    Come on ! just post again please ! I am new into that and I have the same question as doctor_drue ...took me a while to find where you meant that you posted and couldn”t find.Would be very helpful if you post it again .
    Thank you in advance !
    10-02-2016 06:48 PM
    I deleted my ROM because it seems you have to also use my specific data partition too. I won't share that, sorry.
    You can find all infos about how to get Redstone on the 1020 here:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...2x-series.html
    10-03-2016 02:34 AM
    But I had changed registry to L950. Next I updated to 10.0.14915.1000 and changed registry to L1020. On update service aren't available updates.

I have to change registry again to L950 for update?
    10-04-2016 12:25 PM
    hi
    I'm planning to buy a lumia 1020. however, if I do so the first thing I will do is upgrade it to w10m using wpinternals tool. my main concern is the camera quality. I own a lumia 920 and I upgraded it to redstone. however, I see a degraded quality in picture taken compared to wp8.

is this problem there with the lumia 1020 running redstone and is it noticeable?

I also own a lumia 950xl. but the lumia 1020 is a legacy phone which I'm planning to keep it for a long time. i'm also buying it new for 200$ from amazon.

windows phones that I own: htc 7 Mozart, lumia 920, 925, 520 and 950 xl.

the main reason of buying this phone is the camera.

also how does the flash work on the lumia 1020?
    since it has LED and xenon flash.
    do you get to choose which one to use and does it work as intended on w10m?
    Last edited by hacer619; 10-04-2016 at 09:36 PM.
    10-04-2016 09:01 PM
    hi
    I'm planning to buy a lumia 1020. however, if I do so the first thing I will do is upgrade it to w10m using wpinternals tool. my main concern is the camera quality. I own a lumia 920 and I upgraded it to redstone. however, I see a degraded quality in picture taken compared to wp8.

is this problem there with the lumia 1020 running redstone and is it noticeable?

I also own a lumia 950xl. but the lumia 1020 is a legacy phone which I'm planning to keep it for a long time. i'm also buying it new for 200$ from amazon.

Hello, I can share my experience...I own lumia 1020 from 8.1 to redstone. I didn't notice any degrade in photo quality overall, it changed in some way the white balancing in win 10 but I don't think It can be considered a degrade. Moreover you can still use lumia camera with all your functions, because for 1020 It's still downloadable. What is not so good is the time for taking a shoot, in some situation I think it's slightly increased and this behaviour in some situation is annoying. Another little bug is that sometimes when you first launch camera app, the first photo tales ages to finish (20 sec...). This doesn't happen always and after the first photo the other work good: A little trick is to maintain the camera app reduced and then sometimes activate it again, when you know that you'll use it a lot.
    Overall I'm satisfied of my experience and I would buy it again, and I still think it's the best camera phone on market...
    Hope this help...
    hacer619 likes this.
    10-05-2016 03:11 AM
    hi

MS Camera has worse camera quality, yes. But with the 1020 you can still use Lumia Camera on RS2
    hacer619 likes this.
    10-05-2016 04:18 AM
    Hello, I can share my experience...I own lumia 1020 from 8.1 to redstone. I didn't notice any degrade in photo quality overall, it changed in some way the white balancing in win 10 but I don't think It can be considered a degrade. Moreover you can still use lumia camera with all your functions, because for 1020 It's still downloadable. What is not so good is the time for taking a shoot, in some situation I think it's slightly increased and this behaviour in some situation is annoying. Another little bug is that sometimes when you first launch camera app, the first photo tales ages to finish (20 sec...). This doesn't happen always and after the first photo the other work good: A little trick is to maintain the camera app reduced and then sometimes activate it again, when you know that you'll use it a lot.
    Overall I'm satisfied of my experience and I would buy it again, and I still think it's the best camera phone on market...
    Hope this help...
    thank for the info. as for the camera app phote saving time are you referring to the windows camera app or lumia camera app. maybe it's related to lumia camera app which is a wp8 app. maybe using a third party app like proshot might lower the time. I don't know since I don't own the phone yet.
    10-05-2016 07:23 AM
    Original Pro Shot app works very bad in windows 10 mobile. I see that there is a new Pro Shot app developed specifically for windows 10 mobile RS but it isn't free nor has a demo mode, so I haven't tested it yet...I usually use windows 10 mobile native app for photos because I don't like the double photo mode of lumia camera, but I noticed that time for taking photo is increased in both apps...
    hacer619 likes this.
    10-05-2016 09:23 AM
    !!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!

Trying to fix Glance on my Lumia 1020.

Not able to "Load Hive"(regestries) from the Phone memory, getting error.screenshot-4-.png
    10-08-2016 12:02 PM
    try using vcreg or custom pfd or interop tools.
    10-08-2016 12:14 PM
214 ... 45678 ...