Wish i had never..........................

harleycaddy2008

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded the Win 10 Preview.I was on the Denim Preview and loved it. Thinking the Win 10 Preview was better,I installed it and did it ever mess up my 1320!!!!!! Could not text anyone,My OneNote App was totally erased and could not access it.Went back to Win 8.1 and HATE IT!!!!!!! Cant make folders,have duplicate songs and pics everywhere.Backed up my phone before I did this and my phone is a HOT MESS NOW.I cant use the Band because the Health App wont download.All other apps downloaded just fine.How can I at least get back to the Denim OS? Also resetted the phone and still nothing.It was perfect before all this.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
First of all, looks like you should've properly researched what the Windows 10 Tech preview was. It's alpha code. As in, not even beta stage yet. You would've known that it is not intended to be installed on your daily driver device. Additionally, you would've known that in this build, Office hub and other office related products was removed.

As for getting back to Denim, you can either search for the update via Phone Update option in settings, granted that your device has official firmware available for it in your region....or installed the developer preview. The developer preview will have all the OS specific bells and whistles such as folder creation etc. Your actual firmware will remain the same however.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded the Win 10 Preview.I was on the Denim Preview and loved it. Thinking the Win 10 Preview was better,I installed it and did it ever mess up my 1320!!!!!! Could not text anyone,My OneNote App was totally erased and could not access it.Went back to Win 8.1 and HATE IT!!!!!!! Cant make folders,have duplicate songs and pics everywhere.Backed up my phone before I did this and my phone is a HOT MESS NOW.I cant use the Band because the Health App wont download.All other apps downloaded just fine.How can I at least get back to the Denim OS? Also resetted the phone and still nothing.It was perfect before all this.

There are clear instructions available online for resetting but you will need to download the Lumia Recovery Tool. Beyond that, this is a classic example of why people need to read the disclaimers and recognize they are not just provided for someone else. You should expect problems with a TP. That is the rule, not the exception. There is also nothing about it that is better than an official release for your phone. It is an finished platform for testing and that is it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It killed my 520. All it gets now is a red screen with "Nokia" on it. My own fault :(

When reverting? It turned out to be a issue amongst that model where in a nutshell, the PC would feed data faster than the phone can handle. I think you can grab the updated recovery tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes