"Other" Storage in SD Card. What is it ?

alanjg86

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I i've got Brand New SD card 64GB Strontium class 10 yesterday. I moved all my apps from old card to this.
Everything worked fine until i copied music and Video files from PC and old card. It happens that everything copied but on phone it doesn't appear anywhere except Music and Videos which are in Others and also the pictures.

I can access music files and videos through Players and also from file manager but i'm not able to see Pictures in Windows Photos but i can in File manager.

Please help me to solve this problem. My Others folder is like 18+ GB. How do i make my wallpaper and old photos appear on phone ?
Why MS is Dumb on this matter?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150513_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150513_0001.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's an explanation for Other - "Other" phone storage FAQ for Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

I have to ask if you formatted the SD card in the phone prior to using it. 99% of the time this is the #1 issue.

It's always better to copy content to the SD card after it's been formatted and when it's in the phone. You should put files in the appropriate folders. Music, Photos, etc.

If the files are not recognized by the phone end up in the Other folder.

alanjg86

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes i formatted it in my phone and moved app apps from old card to phone and phone to new card till then my Others folder was 0. After that i wanted to put my pictures and music and also videos, so i did put them where it belongs to their Respective folder. Still its not showing on my phone. Now all of a sudden "Storage Check" isnt working. Donno what to do.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the 'moving apps' might be your issue here. You can't do that from what I understand.

When an app is 'moved' to SD Card the whole app doesn't move there. Only parts of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes