12-01-2017 10:14 PM
797 1234 ...
tools
    I had an issue with the lock screen pin a few times. It kept adding in extra mystery digits while typing and the would fail validation. It's hard to explain without seeing it happen.
    11-26-2013 10:25 AM
    Ah! So after someone mentioned that there are two separate volumes for phone calls and general system sounds i figured out the problem I was having.

VOICE MAIL is the same volume as your system volume. This explains why every time i would go to listen to voicemails on the phone that i could not hear them at all. I would then crank up the volume to the max(30) then after i got done listening to the voice mail i would usually forget to drop the volume back down to whatever it was at. Then later on i get blasted with a loud ringtone/notification that i don't really want that loud in the first place.

So...Join the voice mail and in call volume to the same scale.
    11-26-2013 04:35 PM
    Ah! So after someone mentioned that there are two separate volumes for phone calls and general system sounds i figured out the problem I was having.

VOICE MAIL is the same volume as your system volume. This explains why every time i would go to listen to voicemails on the phone that i could not hear them at all. I would then crank up the volume to the max(30) then after i got done listening to the voice mail i would usually forget to drop the volume back down to whatever it was at. Then later on i get blasted with a loud ringtone/notification that i don't really want that loud in the first place.

So...Join the voice mail and in call volume to the same scale.
    Just to check, are you listening to voicemail via the Visual Voicemail functionality where it shows up in the phone hub? If so it's supposed to use the system volume since it's not actually making a phone call. If you actually call your voicemail it should obey the call volume rule. :)
    11-26-2013 04:41 PM
    Just to check, are you listening to voicemail via the Visual Voicemail functionality where it shows up in the phone hub? If so it's supposed to use the system volume since it's not actually making a phone call. If you actually call your voicemail it should obey the call volume rule. :)
    Yes visual voice mail, that still makes no sense though. Why wouldn't i want my visual voice mail level to be the same as the call volume?
    11-26-2013 04:53 PM
    Yes visual voice mail, that still makes no sense though. Why wouldn't i want my visual voice mail level to be the same as the call volume?
    I'm not saying it necessarily makes sense. I was saying it's basically treated like a regular audio file because there's not actually a call taking place.

What triggers the call volume is that an actual phone call is initiated. That's what cues the system to switch from the system volume to the call volume. Since the Visual Voicemail feature doesn't call it doesn't know to switch.

I agree with you that it's an oversight that they should find a way to fix.
    11-26-2013 08:22 PM
    I saw a slight lag when scrolling, but is seems more an app problem since it is not consistent. Oddly enough it shows up primarily on the wpc app. Also saw a couple of times that when I wanted to scroll the home screen, I opened the app of the live tile i started scrolling at. Beside that, i have not seen any issues.
    Yes, the phone takes my scrolling/swipe as a click.
    11-27-2013 08:33 AM
    I have also seen the random dimming thing... Not a lot, just once or twice on day one, but its not happened since (day three for me now).
    11-27-2013 08:38 AM
    Had some random weird stuff happen. Missing tiles all of a sudden, orientation not working. Wireless not connecting..
    11-27-2013 01:21 PM
    I should add that phone reboots in Here drive, and once rebooted randomly while sitting on the desk.
    11-27-2013 02:09 PM
    I don't know if its my Lumia 1520 but it takes approximately 6 hours and 30 min. For full charge when my 920 in an hour its fully charged. Ain't it supposed to have Qualcomm quick charge feature.
    11-28-2013 06:22 AM
    I found the erratic tap response really annoying to me, for about half the time the phone does not know if I am tapping or just scrolling on the screen. I am surprised Nokia cannot handle such basic operation well. I am somehow disappointed, as this is my first WP device (or maybe I am just spoiled by Apple).
    Haptic feedback is another issue and hope they can fix it soon or later.
    Haptic feedback is a design choice not a bug or defect. Samsung devices have this but Nokia has decided not to give us the choice. This might be because of copyright issues with Samsung.

I don't know if its my Lumia 1520 but it takes approximately 6 hours and 30 min. For full charge when my 920 in an hour its fully charged. Ain't it supposed to have Qualcomm quick charge feature.
    I have noticed that my car chargers barley charge the phone fast enough. When using navigation while charging my device doesn't pick up any charge it barley adds to the battery at all. I plugged in at 90% and drove for over an hour yesterday with the device plugged in and when I took it off the charger it was at 91%. When I plug in to my outlet at home with my OEM charger that came in the box I went from 30% to 50% in 15 minutes. I was playing Asphalt 8 while I was charging. I think for me the charger I am using makes a huge difference.
    11-28-2013 08:21 AM
    Ok so I want to clarify that I'm not the only person with a 1520 experiencing these issues..

1: Are your side buttons (volume, power, camera) dug into the body of the phone to the point that you can barely touch them? They are pretty much even with the side of the device.

2: From 15% battery life; how long does it take your device to charge up completely? My phone took around 4.5 hours. Is this common?

3: The bottom control buttons don't seem to be lit well. Anyone else having this problem?

4: Should streaming music via Pandora drain your battery 13% in an hour?

And last but not least..

Can someone explain this 5+16MP thing? Because these pics don't seem to be too good. Maybe I'm looking at the 5MP version?

Guys, I know this is a pain in the @$$, so thanks for your time and help. I just want to make sure this is not normal before I exchange the device.
    11-28-2013 09:34 AM
    The buttons are designed that way purposely. It's a large phone that they made thin and they want it to be easy to place and remove from clothing. I'm not sure how long it takes to charge from 15% Mine has not gone that low in a day and I charge over night. The capacitive buttons do have crappy lighting. The music streaming battery usage has other factors. Wifi or LTE, what else is running in the background and are those apps using one of the radios. The photography aspect I think takes some experimentation when using the Nokia camera app as opposed to the stock one. I found it easier out of the box to take great pics with my 920.
    MrVol84 likes this.
    11-28-2013 10:43 AM
    Ahh I see! I was streaming with WiFi.

4.5 hours to charge a phone seems like a bit much. I guess I'll have to test it out again for the next few days and see how that pans out. Thanks for your help bro, and have a happy thanksgiving!
    11-28-2013 12:56 PM
    I have noticed that my car chargers barley charge the phone fast enough. When using navigation while charging my device doesn't pick up any charge it barley adds to the battery at all. I plugged in at 90% and drove for over an hour yesterday with the device plugged in and when I took it off the charger it was at 91%. When I plug in to my outlet at home with my OEM charger that came in the box I went from 30% to 50% in 15 minutes. I was playing Asphalt 8 while I was charging. I think for me the charger I am using makes a huge difference.
    You have to get a 2 amp car charger. I bought an AT&T 2 amp car charger and it can keep up with anything I have running including navigation, streaming bluetooth and lockscreen disabled. The only problem I'm having is with Waze! That navi app is such a battery hog it's not even funny!

AT&T Car Charger with USB Port 2 Amp- Universal Micro USB
    Dave Blake likes this.
    11-28-2013 02:15 PM
    You have to get a 2 amp car charger. I bought an AT&T 2 amp car charger and it can keep up with anything I have running including navigation, streaming bluetooth and lockscreen disabled. The only problem I'm having is with Waze! That navi app is such a battery hog it's not even funny!

AT&T Car Charger with USB Port 2 Amp- Universal Micro USB

Thanks for the tip I'll have to get me one of those.
    11-28-2013 02:43 PM
    Np problem. Happy Thanksgiving.
    11-28-2013 06:35 PM
    Guess I'm lucky. No problems here yet, this is my second day with the device. Couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    11-28-2013 08:34 PM
    I've had the yellow 1520 since the day before Thanksgiving. So it's been only a day with the device. It randomly reboots constantly. It'll freeze for about 10 seconds, then reboot. Then all of my social media apps will be signed out for some reason. Definitely a defective phone. Just wondering how I'm going to exchange since I bought the back ordered yellow model
    Definitely not a good first windows phone experience.
    11-28-2013 11:22 PM
    This thread is to post ALL of the issues that you are having with your L1520.

I've noticed some things myself.

1. I'm sure this could get fixed with a software update but when I open the camera app, I notice a white line under the screen for a few seconds.
    2. When trying to scroll sometimes it'd register as a click instead.
    3. Screen dimming.
    4. The double tap feature doesn't always work.
    5. When I take photos on auto,the pictures come out a bit soft. But when I manually do everything it works fine.

Could these issues be fixed with an update? Please post all the issues you're having and solutions you've come up with.
    11-29-2013 12:17 AM
    Hello everyone,

I notice that when I have a conversation the voice coming through the earpiece has some crackling and popping. I tested it thoroughly by calling my voicemail and the distortion was consistent. I played around the the volume of the earpiece and it seems that the sound is perfect from 1-6, when I push it any higher it starts to crack and pop. Iam not sure if it is a software issue where the volume is programmed to loud or maybe my earpiece is bad. Can anyone confirm any distortion when the volume is above 6? P.s. With my previous Lumia's I needed to place the volume at around 8-10 because they were always low. This one is very loud.
    11-29-2013 07:17 AM
    Screen responds to scrolling finger slide incorrectly and opens an app like a screen tap

This is the only issue I have had with mine. I switched the sensitivity to normal and that has helped. I do not think its a bug, just a testament to how sensitive the touch is on this device.
    11-29-2013 08:03 AM
    Ahh I see! I was streaming with WiFi.

4.5 hours to charge a phone seems like a bit much. I guess I'll have to test it out again for the next few days and see how that pans out. Thanks for your help bro, and have a happy thanksgiving!
    The HTC One takes around 3-4 to fully charge and it has a tiny 2300 maH battery (seen here: AnandTech | The HTC One Review ).

This is because HTC disabled the Qualcomm quick charge feature, likely to preserve battery health on a sealed unit. I thought maybe Nokia had done the same with the 1520, as mine only charges at a rate around 16%/hour with nothing running. But other people are reporting much faster charging. I have tried several chargers, including the OEM, a 2.1 amp, and a 1.8 amp. All return the same results.

If it's a defect, it's a weird defect. I just got through setting my phone up. I'd rather not wipe it and rather not exchange it, but if it's not supposed to charge this slowly, I suppose I probably should.
    11-29-2013 08:27 AM
    Would anyone be willing to try something for me? Place a call to your voicemail and put the volume up to 10 (the max). Tell me do you notice any distortion in the form of crackling and popping coming from the earpiece? Thanks
    11-29-2013 11:13 AM
    Would anyone be willing to try something for me? Place a call to your voicemail and put the volume up to 10 (the max). Tell me do you notice any distortion in the form of crackling and popping coming from the earpiece? Thanks
    Just an FYI I went ahead and exchanged my phone. The new one does not have this issue, so if you are experiencing it your going to have to replace it. Also the buttons are just as flush on this device, so I don't think that exchanging the device will solve that issue.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    11-30-2013 06:11 PM
797 1234 ...