Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

stur_2000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

The number of reports I see is fairly small to be honest. I usually see a way larger number of reports for something that is a huge issue.
I think that's because the swipe issue is a random annoyance and almost never a show stopper. A lot of people does not even realize that their phones are defective and others just don't care.

I have read several posts where a new replacement phone have had the same issue. Only one or two cases where the first replacement was a success. I know this isn't scientific statistics but it does suggest that this issue is quite common and that a significant percentage of all 1520s are affected.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I think that's because the swipe issue is a random annoyance and almost never a show stopper. A lot of people does not even realize that their phones are defective and others just don't care.

I have read several posts where a new replacement phone have had the same issue. Only one or two cases where the first replacement was a success. I know this isn't scientific statistics but it does suggest that this issue is quite common and that a significant percentage of all 1520s are affected.

It can also indicate batch specific issues or a number of other things as well. Without a large proper sample it is hard to tell.

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

1znsnia.jpg
what can i say..
where i bought this fone, sent to me new free charger but yet...... still the same hours charge
in israel i can't replace new phone..
great......

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 60777
what can i say..
where i bought this fone, sent to me new free charger but yet...... still the same hours charge
in israel i can't replace new phone..
great......
Mind posting a pic of the new charger? Last time they sent you a non-OEM piece of junk. I'm wondering if they didn't do the same or if the first piece of junk didn't ruin your phone.

Also to be fair this is for tracking issues from the factory. Your issues are from a 3rd party purchased phone of unknown quality

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

So far, I have seen only one other person with this "bug" from browsing these forums.

My micro SD (64 GB sandisk, 32 GB sandisk, and kingston 16 GB ) cannot be detected by the phone. The Micro SD option is grayed out under Settings.

In addition, the phones takes much longer to reboot (about 4-5 minutes) when there is an SD card, even though it is not detecting it.

Done a factory reset and formatted the cards as per Nokia customer support, but the bug remains.

Anyone else know why my Lumia 1520 cannot read / detect my Micro SD? or had the same problem?

I am attaching some screen shots.

-Doni

View attachment 60486View attachment 60487

not sure if your question has been answered already, but i posted a similar issue earlier for my san disk card.

The problem is with the way the card is preformatted so wp doesn't recognize it. Try formatting the card in another device to see if it works. I had my card tested/formatted in an android device, then my 1520 recognized the card.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

GGB13

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Treats swipes as taps is driving me crazy. I find if I swipe up first, and then down, it can work. But who wants to live life that way?

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Mind posting a pic of the new charger? Last time they sent you a non-OEM piece of junk. I'm wondering if they didn't do the same or if the first piece of junk didn't ruin your phone.

Also to be fair this is for tracking issues from the factory. Your issues are from a 3rd party purchased phone of unknown quality

Here is it:
35ho2e9.jpg
28i50k4.jpg

i'm tired from this.. my father wants that phone because of the size, so maybe i will give him that..
then i will buy 1020.. maybe....

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Here is it:
View attachment 60789
View attachment 60790

i'm tired from this.. my father wants that phone because of the size, so maybe i will give him that..
then i will buy 1020.. maybe....

Yeah they sent you another fake. I would file a serious complaint as that is not an OEM Nokia charger. Maybe contact Nokia and see if they can help you?

I would tell this seller he needs to stop selling used equipment as new with bogus accessories included.

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Yeah they sent you another fake. I would file a serious complaint as that is not an OEM Nokia charger. Maybe contact Nokia and see if they can help you?

I would tell this seller he needs to stop selling used equipment as new with bogus accessories included.
fake? again?? omg..
they said that they will send a charger that adjective/suitable (i don't know the word) with lumia 1520..
jeez.. now i'm mad :eck:

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

fake? again?? omg..
they said that they will send a charger that adjective/suitable (i don't know the word) with lumia 1520..
jeez.. now i'm mad :eck:

Never trust when someone says suitable, equivalent, compatible, etc.

Always insist on receiving the real genuine charger that ships with the phone from Nokia. Didn't you mention that the seller sold this as new? If so tell Nokia all the details. They work hard to shutdown scam artists since it hurts the reputation of Nokia when things like this happen. People start to think it is a brand issue when it's not.

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Never trust when someone says suitable, equivalent, compatible, etc.

Always insist on receiving the real genuine charger that ships with the phone from Nokia. Didn't you mention that the seller sold this as new? If so tell Nokia all the details. They work hard to shutdown scam artists since it hurts the reputation of Nokia when things like this happen. People start to think it is a brand issue when it's not.

they sent me in the original box..
i've already sent to nokia israel a message

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

My first 1520 had a weird screen. At normal brightness it was perfect but at low brightness it became unevenly lit. Lower still (via auto brightness function), the back light would actually flicker and a week later the top left corner would die out completely at very low brightness. Not good for someone who likes to use their phone in bed at night where the screen brightness dims right down.

O2 did replace the phone on the spot when I took it back, so props to them for that. The new phone doesn't exhibit this behaviour at anything like that level, though I will note, at the very very low brightness level (which is often only seen just before the screen locks out and switches off anyway) the backlight will flicker. This is not an issue though as you can't reach that level of back light in normal use I don't think. However, I think it is not so much a hardware problem but a software one, I think the LEDs are simply not fed enough voltage for stable operation, so the ambient light and auto brightness control just needs a tweak.

I have also had an issue whereby the phone refused to recognise that it was plugged in. I woke up in the morning to find the phone hadn't charged at all over night. I switched off the phone with the charger still attached and it promptly fired itself back up and began charging, so god knows what caused that.

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I tried reformatting all 3 cards I used 2 San Disks (as per above) and a Kingston 16GB used on my old Note. 32 and 16 GB formatted to FAT32/32KB and 64GB to exFAT/128kb as per the Nokia phone rep. No go on the 1520 but all three were working with the note and the GoPro.

The phone is with Nokia right now (sent it in with a 2 day shipping) and should have an answer within 7-10 business days.

I will update once I hear from them.

-Doni

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

It's an IPS LCD. It's not a new screen type.

The number of reports I see is fairly small to be honest. I usually see a way larger number of reports for something that is a huge issue.
that's the problem .. Nokia is like "well its not my fault or its not a big issue". Bull .. I call bull .. Every single forum about the 1520 brings up the screen issue . It just upsets me that even on their own forums they don't even comment. This screen touch issue is a big deal and someone needs to figure it out.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

that's the problem .. Nokia is like "well its not my fault or its not a big issue". Bull .. I call bull .. Every single forum about the 1520 brings up the screen issue . It just upsets me that even on their own forums they don't even comment. This screen touch issue is a big deal and someone needs to figure it out.

I totally understand. I probably shouldn't have made that post because it was me posting my business side, not my customer viewpoint. I used to do root cause analysis on some projects, so I used to dig into and research this stuff. Basically determining number of reports and such so that issues could be triaged.

Also I would say that Nokia isn't saying what you are claiming they say. In fact the newest US update for the 1520 specifically calls out that they worked on the touch screen performance.

So it seems like folks there are listening and working on the feedback that's being given.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Hello, i recently upgraded to 1520 from 920 (which was upgrade from htc 8x - which was upgrade from samsung omnia 7 :D) and i did noticed that display can be overly sensitive at some time but it doesnt bother that much as it doesnt happens so freqently. But, did anyone had a glance screen issue where glance screen would simply stoped working (or proximity sensor). when i restart my 1520 everything is ok for a day or a two until it happens again.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hello, i recently upgraded to 1520 from 920 (which was upgrade from htc 8x - which was upgrade from samsung omnia 7 :D) and i did noticed that display can be overly sensitive at some time but it doesnt bother that much as it doesnt happens so freqently. But, did anyone had a glance screen issue where glance screen would simply stoped working (or proximity sensor). when i restart my 1520 everything is ok for a day or a two until it happens again.

I would try a soft reset by holding down the volume down+power key until you feel the phone vibrate and then let go. Then do a restart the normal way, the reason for the normal restart is because sometimes after a soft reset the live tiles stop updating until you do a normal restart.

You will also have to reset your time and date as that is the only thing that gets reset with a soft reset.

You should also download Lumina updater from the store and make sure all apps and system are up to date.

Hope you follow that and good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon