Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Even after the Cyan update, I still get "resuming" and "loading" all the time...its very annoying.

Hey! I got the same annoying problem as you. I got my 1520 three days ago thru re-contracting my old 925. OS updated to DP8.1 short of the Cyan update. Also having heat and screen freezing after unlocking the phone issues. Very very frustrating and disappointed with this supposed flagship Lumia !!!

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I've got a bug to report. I'm on GBIE ROM updated to Cyan, using 1520.1 RM937 variant.

With Living images on, set flash to focus assist on, the camera will hang and wont take pictures. I have to turn it off in order to take the shot.
Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

apecx92

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

mine is camera shake by itself. running cyan here. only shake in image mode. video mode is fine.

the CAF feature only available in video mode or both mode? because i have CAF in image mode.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

I just posted a new thread about this, but have any of you experienced random unlocking & scrolling, or random camera launches? Is this hardware related? Should I replace the phone? I'm running Cyan.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Hi ! I posted about the heat, resuming/loading after unlock and screen freeze issues here last night. After following the advice of one of the poster here of unpinning the Cortana app, my 1520 is fine and dandy now. It's being smooth sailing since I applied the tip more than 20 hours ago. Give it a try, cheers & thanks !!!

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I had couple touch issues with my nokia1520. After uninstall touch, display, and glance, so far I am free of the following issues:
-screen freezes
-being search popping up
- back button activated whenever pressing nearby the front camera

It has been three days since I uninstall these apps motioned above.

How do you uninstall Touch, Display and Glance? They are settings, not apps (as far as I can tell).

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

My screen shake problem goes away after I set Touch sensitivity to high. Counterintuitive but it works for me 99.5% of the time. Running stock 8.1 not DP. Period and m keys on keyboard still tends to double or triple type.

This might be a combination hardware and software problem.

The problem has returned in full force (meaning nothing that previously seemed to help is helping now). Brief recap of the problem: Ghost screen taps (taps, swipes registering when I'm nowhere near the screen) and, even when the ghost is not tapping, the onscreen keyboard registered multiple and adjacent-to-pressed-keys keystrokes. The display jitters from the rapid multiple taps/swips of the ghost. All of this makes texting and pretty much anything else impossible. Installation of Cyan+WP 8.1 has had no effect on this.

My first 1520 was purchased from AT&T in February, 2014. No problems until a few weeks ago. Now the warranty replacement phone is having the same problems. Bad batch? I'm calling AT&T today for another warranty replacement.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Ok...I've almost had it. The screen is way to sensitive on this phone. I'm running 8.1 Dev still. It's gone nuts latley. Does this get fixed in Cyan? I keep hitting links I have no intention of going into. Really annoying. Phone still rocks though.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

fawzy aly

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

some weird things happen to my white lumia 1520 after 3 month's .. the issue about the screen! like go back suddenly and open bing search, that time when i shake the phone up & down starts open bing search and go back without touch the screen ! my phone still on black version.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Happy to report that my 1520, which I've had for one week now, has not shown any signs of these problems.
It did on the first day I got it.. (with Black firmware/8.0 out of the box), but installed Cyan/8.1 with a fresh start right away. I'm super happy with my 1520!

sonekaka

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site

How do you uninstall Touch, Display and Glance? They are settings, not apps (as far as I can tell).

Set tthe time to +/- 100 years
Btw un- install these settings temporary solved the issue. I am still experiencing the same issues but not frequently ( very rare) ...so by un- install these settings it may improve the responsive screen issues ( mine did so not sure about urs) . If it didn't solve the problem you can still install these settings.

ieiejdbx

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Be careful with Lumia 1520.1 RM-937 from Hong Kong
With Lumia Cyan update don't connect with Mobile internet anymore with Preview for developers the same thing, I will live with Windows Phone 8.0 for ever, with WP8.0 everythiing work well

fawzy aly

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Set tthe time to +/- 100 years
Btw un- install these settings temporary solved the issue. I am still experiencing the same issues but not frequently ( very rare) ...so by un- install these settings it may improve the responsive screen issues ( mine did so not sure about urs) . If it didn't solve the problem you can still install these settings.
can you provide more explanation plz

sonekaka

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site

can you provide more explanation plz
I am talking about un-install glance, touch and display ( setting apps) which in my case improved the touch screen issues like soft back button ( activate whenever pressing an area nearby the front camera ).

Deve1973

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

Great call and audio quality with the ear piece and external speaker. Haven't had any lockups, no video issues, etc.

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Re REAL PROBLEM CAUSING TOUCH PROBLEM AND A WAY OF FIX

as you can see from the photo the digitzer contacts marked with a red spot located just behind the lcd screen once main board mounted, it get in contact with the digitizer terminal what really happen in lumia 1520 with a big 6 inch screen is the screen slightly bend when you put it on your pocket or even use some force to clean it, and this mess with the digitizer contacts alignment causing a swipe, tap problem to appear
a short way to fix this look in the second photo hold the phone like this and push down from the red marked areas softly several time as it make a good contact with the digitizer terminal the problem will disappear
after all this is a faulty design specailly with a large screen, nokia know that yes they do but they just dont want to replace or fix it, cause its costly a design problem ,i tried to explain this in Nokia forum , they dont want us to understand its a hardware fault and treat us like a money bags for their faulty design ,can you imagine how happy they are when they read our messages that with lumia cyan update some wrote we feel it become better !! nothing really change its just we have a blind trust at nokia devices ,the question is what are going to do time to let them pay a high price as we didlumia final.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2