Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Eabin Sai

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

My 1520 sometimes gets freezes sometimes and while getting a call it produces trebling sound for a sec or 2sec till I take it it produces the same the sound..can anybody help

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

Hey fellow 1520ers...
Currently on 8.1 Update 1 with Cyan. I've had this WiFi problem with every OS version I've had on the phone (love the phone by the way! Had it for 6mths).

I've found with hidden WiFi SSIDs there are times that quite suddenly the phone would not find the hidden SSID or show the SSID but with no signal strength (usually a 4.5-5 bar strength). There are other times the same Hidden SSID will show connected but a note under the link says 'No Internet Connection'. I reboot the phone and all is well again.
My Surface Pro 3 shows the same Hidden SSID continually so it isn't a flaky SSID/WiFi connection (both the hidden and a visible SSID use the same AP and at no time does the visible SSID have issues).

Anyone else see this problem on their phone? It must either be my hardware or a continual bug in WP8, DP8.1, 8.1/wCyan, and DP update 1.

Cheers

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I turned on the front facing camera, which resets the proximity sensor and it fixed my spastic touch screen. No more phantom touches. Props to Huang318 on the Lumia 920 forum for bringing this to light.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site

I turned on the front facing camera, which resets the proximity sensor and it fixed my spastic touch screen. No more phantom touches. Props to Huang318 on the Lumia 920 forum for bringing this to light.

Wish I had such luck. This did nothing to rid my phantom touches.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

It's have been a fluke for me then. I was also having issues, where the display would not turn back on during phone calls. This was fix Lumia 920 owners uses to solve that problem. Once I did it, my touch screen stopped acting up. It was so bad, I couldn't take photos, as the lens would constantly zoom in and out by itself. I hope you find a fix.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

My camera shake , the problem is with image stabilization . Is this maybe just software or hardware issue ?
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-1520-lens-camera-shakes-when-held-still.html

It's both. I had terrible shake on mine with stock HK rom. I recently discovered that the Finnish rom has very little shake and sometimes none! I tried other region roms and only the Finnish one had an appreciable affect. Highly recommend.

D2G9

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

This corrected the issue for my 1520 as well.

Very disappointed, more confirmation of what I already figured was a hardware issue.

Microsoft Mobile needs to issue a fix for this.

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else getting bad lock screen delay after upgrading to Cyan + 8.1 Update 1?

If you mean the delay that happen after unlocking the phone, it is probably because you used Live Lock Screen app. Even if you close the Live Lock Screen it is not totally closing thus causing the delay after unlock.

In order to get rid of the delay problem you can activate and then deactivate the Kid's Corner in the settings. That should do : )

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

If you mean the delay that happen after unlocking the phone, it is probably because you used Live Lock Screen app. Even if you close the Live Lock Screen it is not totally closing thus causing the delay after unlock.

In order to get rid of the delay problem you can activate and then deactivate the Kid's Corner in the settings. That should do : )

Excellent! It's working a lot better now after doing that. I tried the Lock Screen beta but stopped using it. I didn't have any problems with delay until I downloaded the latest updates.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone had the issue with their 1520 where it goes into this multitask tornado of vibrating and going to the multitask screen and then at the end it pops up Cortana.

It is hard to describe but out of nowhere on any screen whether it be texting,facebook, etc it starts vibrating and then goes to the multitask vision in and out in and out and then ends with Cortana.

It is very frustrating and I can only stop it when I press the power button or restart the phone.

davidrdh

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

So it's amazing after about 27 pages of comments some people still are in the delusion that it's a software issue. Also, it seems no one has sent their phone away to get fixed via Nokia. Has anyone done that and then had the screen issue reoccur.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Hasn't it already been determined that the issue is related to "bending" the phone by storing it in a pocket? Was a main story in the news section on this site.

Beach_man

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Mine had the screen sensitivity issue since day one when I bought it in february. It occurred before I had it in my pocket, so it occurs at least on mine without had it bend even once. I'm almost 100% sure it's a hardware design failure. The reason I haven't send my phone back is that I was hoping there would be a new revision of the phone with the problem fixed. But after reading this forum and Nokia forum it seems to still occur on new phones, so I will probably soon send it in for repair/exchange to see if I get lucky. I will keep U updated in that case.

acaruso

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I just received a brand new replacement. Nokia inadvertently sent me a 16 GB replacement last week (my original 1520 was 32 GB), and it had the screen swipe bug. When I contacted Nokia and told them about the mistake with shipping me a16 GB model, the sent another phone--the correct 32 GB version. The 16 GB replacement was refurbished--it came by itself in a brown box--no charger, etc. The new 32 replacement came sealed in an ATT box with all the normal paperwork, charger, cable, etc. This new one has the bug as well. I cannot even believe it.

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site

My main camera is acting crazy since this morning. It's shaking to the point that all the pictures come out blurry. I guess the stabilization mechanism on my phone has gone bad. Time to visit a Microsoft store or a att store.

Firesilverblade

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

I found that as you are scrolling in Bing that it likes to jump up. Lil your reading a news article and when scrolling to read more the paragraph that is near the bottom will automatically appear at the top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254