Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

igor kovacevic

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

my 1520 has the famous swipe / tap issue, it randomly takes my swipes as tap and its so annoying, i am just waiting for Denim update may be this issue will be resolved in this coming update otherwise i will sell my this phone. Also i am unable to turnoff hardware keys back light even in battery saving mode, is there any way i can turnoff back keys lights?

Turn off all magnifier and update phone pfd 14219

xxfuzzyxx

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Two days ok. I'm not sure...testing :)
Yup. Downloaded dev preview at the same time so don't know which fixed it but feels like a better different phone. Previous swipe tap issue was a constant prob on my news apps and windows central. I could never scroll threw the headlines without an accidental open. But now no probs.

igor kovacevic

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Yup. Downloaded dev preview at the same time so don't know which fixed it but feels like a better different phone. Previous swipe tap issue was a constant prob on my news apps and windows central. I could never scroll threw the headlines without an accidental open. But now no probs.

Yes :)

Miguel Arcilla

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Has anybody encountered an issue where the volume buttons will not change the volume when the phone is locked/screen is off? I can usually resolve this with a restart, or just powering the screen on to change volume, but it can be a little annoying.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

One thing I noticed on mine is that when I'm scrolling on a web page, occasionally a scroll motion will not register and i have to continue to move it up and eventually the scroll will register. I'm assuming this is linked to the scroll/tap mixup, it's almost as if the phone has processor management problems because it's pretty reproducible.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Volume shows me Headphones only!! evenn though my headphones arent connected!
i cand adjust the ringer and notifications volume anymore
everytime i press volume, all i see is HEADPHONES!
this is really annoying especiallly at work!
​please microsoft fix it!!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I posted this in another thread, but that thread is pretty dead. So, I'm posting it here to see if anyone else has suddenly had this issue show up.
I bought my first 1520 on release day. Bought it outright from AT&T. After a few weeks, I returned it due to the swipe /tap issue. A few weeks later, I bought a brand new, sealed, white 1520 from a seller on eBay. Again, over first few months, I experienced the touch/swipe issue, but that slowly went away with updates. Since around April of this year, the phone has been working fine.
Two weeks ago, however, I unlocked my phone and began typing in my pin. After pressing the first number, it repeatedly typed that number and I would get the incorrect password warning. Turn off phone, turn back on...still rapid typing. After turning the phone on and off couple of times, I would finally be able to use my phone.

How can everything work perfectly for 8 months or so, but then develop a problem that was supposedly fixed??? Has anyone else experienced this?

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site

I posted this in another thread, but that thread is pretty dead. So, I'm posting it here to see if anyone else has suddenly had this issue show up.
I bought my first 1520 on release day. Bought it outright from AT&T. After a few weeks, I returned it due to the swipe /tap issue. A few weeks later, I bought a brand new, sealed, white 1520 from a seller on eBay. Again, over first few months, I experienced the touch/swipe issue, but that slowly went away with updates. Since around April of this year, the phone has been working fine.
Two weeks ago, however, I unlocked my phone and began typing in my pin. After pressing the first number, it repeatedly typed that number and I would get the incorrect password warning. Turn off phone, turn back on...still rapid typing. After turning the phone on and off couple of times, I would finally be able to use my phone.

How can everything work perfectly for 8 months or so, but then develop a problem that was supposedly fixed??? Has anyone else experienced this?

As strange as it sounds, I had this bug with many of my old Windows mobile phones, like 6 to 6.x. I know that it is an entirely different OS, but I find it strange that the same exact problems plague this OS. Had this many times with an old HD2. Only thing that solved it was a hard reset. Hopefully you can find an easier, better solution.
Again, sorry if I wasn't helpful due to the different OS's, just wanted to pass along my experiences with that same problem.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.
I'm heading for a hard reset later this evening. :)
That is really odd, though, that you experienced this using a different Windows OS.

amardeep30

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Its almost more than a year for nokia1520 should I buy it, I have heard than new devices are having software buttons which have put up purposely

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital