Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Amr Monzir

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Well, I have this strange popping sound when I play music or videos. Does anybody know how to fix that? It's so annoying!
And the camera is somehow so noisy, blurry images and such... Not what I expected...
So, does anybody know a fix for that?

Seth Stout

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

I'm having issues with my proximity sensor. I put a replacement screen on it, but it's still causing issues. I'm not under warrantee, and don't have insurance. Anything I can do?

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Well, I have this strange popping sound when I play music or videos. Does anybody know how to fix that? It's so annoying!
And the camera is somehow so noisy, blurry images and such... Not what I expected...
So, does anybody know a fix for that?

Popping is "normal" as of windows phone 8.1 unfortunately, I don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet. It happens on all windows phone devices.

As for the camera, make sure there isn't protective plastic piece or smudge on the glass. If there isn't there may be something wrong with the camera, but in reality the 1520's camera isn't all that impressive, especially after using a 1020.

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone use UBER app on WP? If you are not using I cannot ask you to download and try something for me as you need to give your credit card info.

But if you have the app I would like you to test the address search box. I am not able to take any auto fill address options whatever I type on the box and the result is always ''No result found!''. It is ridiculous because a frind of mine has Lumia 920 and it works fine.

I will be more than happy if you can share possible reasons and solutions.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150106_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150106_0001.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 27

mowinemdown

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

It is hardware. It might go away for awhile, but the crazy screen always comes back. It was worse with a case on. Wound up dropping my 1520 whilst it was naked and I decided to just move to ios instead of trying Microsoft again. Maybe in a couple of years things will get better. Right now, with just the midrange phones available, wp kinda sucks. I tried to be loyal, but at the end of the day wp users are just beta testers. Sorry...

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

Just RMA'd my 1520.3 purchased 12.18.2014 for what I consider a blueish hue (some people here call it white spots) circle mark about the size of my thumb, really only visible when on a white background.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site

So I must have gotten the absolute worst 1520 for Christmas. They started to present themselves after about a week of use and have consistently gotten worse since then
1. The swipe type issues is bad, about 1 in 5 swipes
2. The display has ghosting problems, especially noticeable in the multitasking screen
3. The camera button thinks it's being pressed frequently. about 5 times a day (enough to be annoying)
4. The power button only works about half the times its pressed.
5. The earpiece speaker sounds like it has a piece of plastic in it.

I just sent it in to Microsoft, so hopefully these don't come back

Tiyamel

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

My Lumia 1520 has been doing my head in lately, screen flicker, random zooming and Bing search constantly activating on its own, to the point I nearly smashed it in frustration, seeing as the company I purchased it from are a nightmare to deal with and feeling I had no other option, I took it to pieces, I do things like that, I noticed that when peeled back the tape on top of cpu and ribbon cable from the capacitive buttons, the ribbon altho having a coating on top appears to have nothing underneath, so i simply placed a small amount of foam rubber between the cable and chassis, restuck tape and put phone back together, I'm happy to say I'm once again loving my L1520, which for the last week has had 0 problems, not for the faint hearted but I was desperate, it might mess up again soon and if it does I'll probably take it apart again and investigate further

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed this winter for the first time that double tap to wake up the lock screen from off is buggy. Sometimes it will register sometimes it will not. Also screen sensitivity seems to be off when using my. lumia 1520 with gloves outside. Anyone else run into these two issues?

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I got tired of Verizon dragging their feet so I switched to AT&T. I have a problem where after I'm connected to wifi and leave the area, the internet connection to cellular doesn't work. Any time I try to access the internet for a game or app there is not network connection. If I turn off/on the phone or toggle airplane mode it's fine. Anyone ever have this problem?

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

My Lumia 1520 has been doing my head in lately, screen flicker, random zooming and Bing search constantly activating on its own, to the point I nearly smashed it in frustration, . . .

Not sure if this applies, but the 'random zoom' could be caused by two fingers inadvertently double-tapping the screen. To get out of the zoom, just use two fingers to again double-tap. This took me a while to figure out, by the way.

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Not sure if this applies, but the 'random zoom' could be caused by two fingers inadvertently double-tapping the screen. To get out of the zoom, just use two fingers to again double-tap. This took me a while to figure out, by the way.

These problems that Tiyamel stated are sometimes appearing on my Lumia 1520 as well. Unfortunately I believe they are hardware problems. The main reason is the size of the phone. The phone is tend to bend in some amount causing fake taps and resulting in those Bing search activations, screen flickers, zooming etc. In my phone instead of Bing search I encounter Cortana activation because bottom right button is assigned to do so.

I do not have any idea how these problems can be solved but it is annoying. Locking and unlocking the phone or slightly bending the phone helps for this specific moments but I would like to hear and apply permanent solutions if there are any.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed this winter for the first time that double tap to wake up the lock screen from off is buggy. Sometimes it will register sometimes it will not. Also screen sensitivity seems to be off when using my. lumia 1520 with gloves outside. Anyone else run into these two issues?
I'm also having that double tap to wake delay not sure of the sensitivity issue as I haven't use my device with gloves on.
Mostly it looks like software bug hope denim update solve this issue.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

I am on my fifth and finally perfect 1520. I've had some with no cuts on lower glad for mix and this one has it. It's a little notch way at the bottom, I thought it was a chip in the glad at first. I don't know if it's related but screen is perfect.

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Camera randomly starts. Compass confuses every time I start compass mode in Here Maps. Very difficult to take Panorama and Photosynth shots.

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

My Lumia 1520 has been doing my head in lately, screen flicker, random zooming and Bing search constantly activating on its own, to the point I nearly smashed it in frustration, seeing as the company I purchased it from are a nightmare to deal with and feeling I had no other option, I took it to pieces, I do things like that, I noticed that when peeled back the tape on top of cpu and ribbon cable from the capacitive buttons, the ribbon altho having a coating on top appears to have nothing underneath, so i simply placed a small amount of foam rubber between the cable and chassis, restuck tape and put phone back together, I'm happy to say I'm once again loving my L1520, which for the last week has had 0 problems, not for the faint hearted but I was desperate, it might mess up again soon and if it does I'll probably take it apart again and investigate further

Same problem here, I read somewhere this is due to some pressure of sorts when phone is placed in front pocket of pants. Anyway, I brought it to care center and they replaced the entire screen/display assembly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifeca1295