Nokia Camera Set for dual resolution--only see one pic

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
New owner running 8.1 on a RM-938. I have 5/16 JPEG in setting. So where do I see both images? I only seem to have one on both the camera roll and on my One Drive. Am I overlooking the obvious? Also, can I edit the original with the camera software and keep the original? TIA.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Working as expected. You can't access the high res version from the camera roll and under 8.1 the high res version is now uploaded to OneDrive while the oversampled version is visible to the camera roll. Possibly a file manager could get access to both files on the phone, otherwise you'll need to use a PC to browse to the files using explorer. And this means you can edit the version in the camera roll while keeping the original on OneDrive.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I see two pics on One Drive now...maybe I didn't give it enough time to upload before I checked before. I'm having fun learning all the aspects of this phone.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
A follow up. There are two pictures but they are both the same file size (3.1MB). Should one be larger?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
When I take a picture I only get one copy uploaded, are you reframing to get different versions?

Edit: just tried reframing and got a duplicate of the original picture so it seems 8.1 doesn't actually fix anything but will upload duplicates if you reframe the original picture.

Edit 2: see the story here, doesn't look like they tested what happens when you reframe a picture.

http://www.windowscentral.com/windo...up-your-high-resolution-lumia-photos-onedrive

Last edited:

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I reframed that one that was duplicated on my OneDrive. I took another picture last night, and there is only one version (lower res) on OneDrive of it. So I'm not sure what's going on. I haven't had a chance to check the phone camera roll through the PC, but I'll do that when I get home today. THE main reason I bought this phone was for the camera (although now I like a lot more about it), so I need to get this figured out.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
What size are you seeing for your pics in onedrive? Last ones I auto uploaded were around 6MB compared to 1-2MB for oversampled ones. Though going by what seems to be happening i'm not sure exactly how this is all supposed to work. Another nebulous feature we have to work out for ourselves....

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmm. The one's I'm seeing are in the 3-5MB range, whereas the ones I took the first day (before changing back up settings) are under 200KB. So I guess I'm getting them after all. I was working from the idea the the 16mpxl pics would be larger files than that.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
They don't end up that big, unless I guess if you use dng. Try logging into OneDrive and looking at the resolution in the picture details, that should confirm if you're getting the high res ones or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes