Sooooo confused between Nokia Lumia 1020 and Nokia Lumia 1520

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The 1030 is coming. Probably late fall or early spring. It wont be cancelled, that is why the 1020 end of support was announced prematurely compared to other phones. My guess is early spring as I am sure they are toying with how bed to implement the tech there using from canon with their new partnership on cameras. They've kept it pretty hush hush as far as rumors go. My bet is the deal was for Nokia (Microsoft) to be able to use canons digic four processor to process the 41 mp to keep the main processor available and to save on battery life. The effect for camera speed and ability would be huge.
it might come but it's still far and where I live I'll get it next year so I might upgrade my 1520 to 1030 if it comes

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yup. That's why I went for the 1520. When the 1030 comes out I'll just sell and upgrade. Can't wait. :)
yes but I just hope they add some features as it's a Phablet because right now There is Not difference between 1520 and 920 only Specs but Nothing in Software like Note 3 have S pen and stuff it feels like Phablet

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I guess. But I don't buy into this phablet idea. A phone is a phone. Extra stuff on Note 3 is a waste. I barely used my spen. You are not really missing out by not having a pen. The spen air features were gimmicky at best but that's what Samsung does. I would rather have a larger phone that is fast with a wicked screen and camera. The Note had a good screen but the camera was terrible (except video)

dundonrl

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
so.. let me see if I have this right.. you want either a poor camera in a ****ty phone, or a ****ty camera in a good phone? Is this correct? (the reason I say poor and ****ty cameras, they are) I used a buddy's 1020 to take some photos, just to see how they turned out, and compared to my Canon 60D and 18-200 lens, it's photos were horrible. IF you want good photos, get a dedicated camera, don't rely on your cell phone with it's miniscule sensor to try and take that once in a life time photo. (yes I have a 1520 as well, but when I want good photos, I make sure to bring my good camera)

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
so.. let me see if I have this right.. you want either a poor camera in a ****ty phone, or a ****ty camera in a good phone? Is this correct? (the reason I say poor and ****ty cameras, they are) I used a buddy's 1020 to take some photos, just to see how they turned out, and compared to my Canon 60D and 18-200 lens, it's photos were horrible. IF you want good photos, get a dedicated camera, don't rely on your cell phone with it's miniscule sensor to try and take that once in a life time photo. (yes I have a 1520 as well, but when I want good photos, I make sure to bring my good camera)

So your comparing a 200 dollar phone to a 1000 camera system? The 1020 takes amazing photos for a phone, best of all. They're not crap. I've owned some nice cameras too 7D and now a NEX.

Bskill

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by ChristianKing I have the AT&T 1020 and the 1520.3 so here are some things to consider.
The 1020 is unrivaled when it comes to photos. If you take a lot of photos, the 1020 blows the 1520 out of the water in any conditions. Don't let the dated processor scare you. Outside of slightly longer shot times the 1020 is still smooth as butter even with the older processor. The 1020's ability to zoom in without loosing quality will change the way you take photos. Now I just snap pictures non-stop and go back later and find the exact photo I want. I can't stress to you how awesome this really is for a camera phone. Low light and distance are things I laugh at with my 1020.
The 1520 takes good photos in great light, but it's night photos and night time video is closer to what you'd see on an iPhone. It does still give you 2X Lossless Zoom though so you'll still be able to zoom in and have great pictures and video when everyone else cant.Supposedly the CYAN update improves the picture and video quality of the 1520. It also supposedly improves the 1020, which means it's still no contest. It's a good camera but only slightly better than what you'd find in an iPhone of LG prior to the CYAN update. I can update my response after the update comes out.
Pictures aside, the 1520 is my daily driver and while it's size can be a bit much (you'll need two hands to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome, lol), its a glorious device to use. Viewing Pictures, Video and playing games on it are like having a mini tablet. I can't stress how great this is enough. It's a magical experience using device this size....
Spot on! I too have both the 1020 and 1520, and I love them both! I just came back from a 2 week long vacation. Those whole two weeks I used the 1020 all day, as I use the camera much more and other media much less when on holiday. The 1520 came along mainly as a great offline GPS in the car.

Now that I'm back at work, the phones have switched roles. Now it's the 1520's time to shine. I just love the size and clarity of the screen! It's true that once you go 6 inches, it's really hard to go back! Reading WPCentral on the metro ;-) has never been more pleasant! The battery capacity is like a dream, and though less than half as great as the 1020's, the 1520's camera is good enough for the random driveby shooting :)

The 1020? It's waiting at home for my next photo adventure..

Last edited:

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Plus, you don't want to take a lot of 41MP photos on 1020 or you will use up your storage space all the time. 1020 doesn't have expandable storage.

I took about 1200 pix on my 1020 along with quite a few vids (having kids will do that) and that still only used up about 8GB of storage; I use a lot more of my space for apps it turns out...I *love* my 1020 but am envious of other phones that have an SD card slot...if you expect to take a lot of photos or download apps, get the 1520 and enjoy the ability to expand to a 128GB SD card...with that said, I wouldn't trade my 1020 for a 1520 - Looooooove the pix :)

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Wow, shouldn't you be somewhere giving more people life advices? Man, this is a smartphone forum. What do you expect? Troll elsewhere dude!

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I have both and I use the 1520 most of the time (when I'm in the mood to use WP8, lol), but when I go to an event, club or special occasion, the 1020 is my companion, the 1520 camera is nice and you can take really great pictures given the right lighting, exposure, etc. but to just point and shoot without wiggle with settings the 1020 is far superior especially in low light and using the the xenon flash.

So my recommendation is to just get both, you can get a 1020 in decent condition out of craigslist for around $200.00.

girishN

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Any camera will struggle taking a photo if you point it directly at a light source like the sun. The iPhone actually takes great photos in good light. Apple uses good lenses and their algorithms are pretty impressive. At night, the quality dips because the iPhone doesn't use a hardware based form of stabilization like the 1020, 1520, or 920. But its not a bad camera. I have an iPhone, the 1020 and the 1520 and while I'd declare the 1520 better over all, its not hands down significantly better like the 1020. The 1520 does provide lossless zoom however and that's a significant advantage. I love taking photos so I tinker with all 3 constantly trying to optimize them for photography.
Objects were facing the sun, not the camera, that should've been an ideal situation as it was the time of sunset. but I found noise, too much of it.

dundonrl

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
not trolling, just stating a fact.. it's great that you can get a 41 mp camera in a phone, and for 99% of the time that will work to perfection, it's just that when you have that once in a life time shot, you'll wish you had a better camera. Do I take my good cameras with me everywhere I go, hell no, and my 1520 is my "go to" device, but when I know that I'm going someplace important that I'll most likely never get a chance at again, I break out the good dedicated camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon