Switching from Nexus 5 - Questions

Doubleu76

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, the last time I used a windows device was the treo 800w. I know a lot has changed since then and I really want to try Windows Phone 8. My question is regarding compatibility with T-mobile. I looked around and only seem to find mixed answers. I live in NJ close to NY, is anyone using this phone with LTE in those areas? Also, the person I am going to trade my phone with has the att version. If I unlock it, will it relock once 8.1 or a newer version comes out and I flash that? My last question is that the phone has 2 small cracks which are not too major in my opinion, I plan to get them fixed later on, but would I need the digitizer and LCD or just the LCD will do? Sorry if these are noob questions, I appreciate any help. Attached are the photo of the phone. Thank you.

Attachments

• download_20140724_052722.jpeg
    download_20140724_052722.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 12

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't answer questions related to network since I don't live in the USA. But with regards to crack - it looks like Gorilla Glass crack. It is hard to know if you will need to replace your LCD and digitizer as the screen is turned off. Normally it is easier if the phone screen is turned on and then damage to digitizer is obvious. In the current state if I was selling that phone to you, I may say that all you need to do is change LCD but when you turn that phone on, the story may be different.

However, on the plus side, these cracks are only on the "non-screen" area so you may be OK as long as the damage/drop hasn't impacted anywhere else on the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon