Official Lumia 520 Amber Update Thread

Hendi Foo

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys

I'm from indonesia
When i updated my lumia 520 it appear to be successful but my phone didn't updated to amber

Does anyone has a solution for the problem?

Sent from my RM-914_apac_indonesia_205 using Tapatalk

isnehalsp

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am seeding now, Guys continue seeding for a while after finishing the download :)

thanx... i'm also seeding.. actually kind of uploading while downloading.. had upload almost about 1GB.. but still 200MB remains to complete my download..
so please seed after completion, so other can also enjoy this new firmware :)

Attinder

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys NO Amber for 520, only GDR2, so don't wait (No Glance, No tap to wake-up, no camera pro, so just forget it :(

Well there are subtle improvements.

Sound quality seems better when played via earphones.
When playing a song via bluetooth it auto pauses when bluetooth device is turned off.
Volume controls work when watching youtube in IE(it didn't before)
managed to install Pro Cam, working great.

Sourav RoyLumia520

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Regarding song duplication - it's not a bug and I managed to find out a work around for it .
Song duplication usually happens if you have copied a particular song twice . Hence although your memory card have a single file of the song but the media player gets updated multiple times .

To get rid of it - first remove the song by plugging it in into your computer and delete it .
-Then unplug your mobile and try to play the song . It will obviously throw and error .
-Now swipe left and tap on settings->open 'storage check' and go to 'details' .You will see an option 'temporary files' and and option 'Clear'. Just hit 'Clear' .
-Now if possible reboot your phone . Now check whether the entry still exists or not . Then copy the song again. This should do it :)

Regards,
Sourav Roy:smile:

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I Successfully upgraded to Amber. I used Nokia Care Suite to download the Brazil country variant and flashed it with care suite. Worked well. My AT&T RM-915 Lumia 520 is no longer branded. I had to change the language to English when done but other than that, loving it. One odd thing though is that there is no double tap to wake.

Attinder

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
@udareaniket , Are you the 27.106.X.X IP, I'll seed till you are done.

Guys use the 'Nokia Software Updater' to update.
Easier than NCU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes