How to get a t-mobile sim card to work in a att branded unlocked lumia 635 ??

fibroman

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I am a new, first time windows phone user. I have alot of experience using and rooting/rom installing of various android phones.
I just picked up a Lumia 635 Windows phone, and I would like to use my t-mobile sim card that I have previously been using in my android phone. This is a data only sim card that I have been using to access websites and google now when outside the range of wifi.
I am pretty sure my Lumia 635 phone is Unlocked already, as it says the following on my bar code label on the side of my box: Nokia Lumia 635 8GB Unlocked GSM 4g LTE Windows 8.1 Quad - Core Smartphone.
But when I stick my sim card in the windows phone, and turn off wifi, . It does recognize that I have a tmobile sim card installed, but I cant connect to websites or use Cortana
I have done some online research and found some articles that suggest changing the APN settings, which I have done, and it still does not work.
Any info / tips for this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I am a new, first time windows phone user. I have alot of experience using and rooting/rom installing of various android phones.
I just picked up a Lumia 635 Windows phone, and I would like to use my t-mobile sim card that I have previously been using in my android phone. This is a data only sim card that I have been using to access websites and google now when outside the range of wifi.
I am pretty sure my Lumia 635 phone is Unlocked already, as it says the following on my bar code label on the side of my box: Nokia Lumia 635 8GB Unlocked GSM 4g LTE Windows 8.1 Quad - Core Smartphone.
But when I stick my sim card in the windows phone, and turn off wifi, . It does recognize that I have a tmobile sim card installed, but I cant connect to websites or use Cortana
I have done some online research and found some articles that suggest changing the APN settings, which I have done, and it still does not work.
Any info / tips for this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Did you try doing under cellular +SIM in settings and change network selection to T-MOBILE, also check to make your cellular data is not restricted by data sense, also change date and time to manual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon