Issues with Windows 10 on Lumia 730

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
GDR2 UPDATE 2

I am using Lumia 730. Once the Install,got completed, the phone just got rebooted once and everything seems very smooth and neat.
1. All apps instead of arrow
2. Settings revamped
3. Lock the screen by double tapping navigation bar
4. Edit your device name from about option from settings.

Bugs

1. Word selection seems less accurate.
2. While typing, word suggestions won't come all the time

Last edited:

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Installed .techinical preview last night.. Find few bugs... Still have to play more with it.. But its way more better then the last one... And ya navigation bar and background is full working..

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Installed .techinical preview last night.. Find few bugs... Still have to play more with it.. But its way more better then the last one... And ya navigation bar and background is full working..

Can u pls note down the bugs and the details here. Also do you have the navigation bar option in settings?

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Can u pls note down the bugs and the details here. Also do you have the navigation bar option in settings?
There is no option for navigation bar in the setting but its working.. Slide up and down for showing and hiding it..
**Sim1 and sim2 phone and messages titled are linked from default..you cannt unlinked them..
**Problem in closing apps.. You cant close an aap by simply hitting the arrow .. You have to use the task manager.. Which is kinda annoying
**Lock screen setting bug..
**Cannt mute the dial pad tone.. By setting. to close I pres the up volume key and take the app+ media volume to zero..
**few apps are slow in opening Like wpcentral.. Takes 3-6 sec to open.. But doesn't crash..
**And see LED notification.. May be coz 730dual sim don't have hardware..

thephiri2point1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There is no option for navigation bar in the setting but its working.. Slide up and down for showing and hiding it..

**Sim1 and sim2 phone and messages titled are linked from default..you cannt unlinked them..
**Problem in closing apps.. You cant close an aap by simply hitting the arrow .. You have to use the task manager.. Which is kinda annoying
**Cannt mute the dial pad tone.. By setting. to close I pres the up volume key and take the app+ media volume to zero..
**few apps are slow in opening Like wpcentral.. Takes 3-6 sec to open.. But doesn't crash..

I was also wondering about that LED notification thing. I thought i read somewhere that the 730 has it. I have not seen it so i might be remembering wrong

Has anyone managed to add more than 2 emails to the outlook app?

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Please clarify two points - task manager? Whats that now?
And LED notification option is there?

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
LED options shows in notification and action setting.. But its not functional..

Task manager.. You have that in 8.1 too. When you long press the arrow key.. And list of open program shows up.. That the task window..
In this TP you have to close the program from this task manager..

rabishankar ojha

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
ok thanks :) can you tell what are the bugs in this new build? Can it damage the phn permanently? and if i revert back to 8.1 after installing the TP, will the phn show issues?

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Screen shots of working background image. As you can see the nav bar can be hidden now
View attachment 101729
View attachment 101730
Please answer the following questions?
1. Does the new dialler work fine?
2. Does the new messaging app work fine?
3. Does the new outlook shows mail and send options are working?
4. Any lag in any prominent apps?
5. Overall performance?
6. Action centre flip up?
7. App closing?
8. Heating up?
9. Screenshot can be taken?
10. Background image on start screen is fine?

thephiri2point1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Please answer the following questions?
1. Does the new dialler work fine? Yes
2. Does the new messaging app work fine? I dont use sms' alot so the little I have used has worked fine
3. Does the new outlook shows mail and send options are working? Yes it does but I am having trouble adding a 3rd email after i already set the first 2
4. Any lag in any prominent apps? Not sure what the prominent apps for you are
5. Overall performance? its a buggy build
6. Action centre flip up? Action centre is fine. feels smoother than the first build
7. App closing? You sometimes get random closing of an app
8. Heating up? No heating issues on my phone
9. Screenshot can be taken? Yes I took one earlier
10. Background image on start screen is fine? yes refer to screenshot in my previous post

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2