04-02-2012 01:03 PM
85 1234
tools
    I have a question. For the online pre-orders can I order it at midnight tonight Eastern Standard time, because that is when i am planning on ordering.
    03-29-2012 02:27 PM
    I would think so. Or it could be Eastern time which would be an hour or more earlier. When they had the sale back in November it was midnight eastern time.
    03-29-2012 02:30 PM
    mhopii, could you please compare the audio quality of Lumia 900 with 4S (thru earphone of course :)) I like WP, but some stupid OS limitations (iOS influenced ;)) & poor audio quality are really killing me :@ (used to be a power user & an audiophile :P)
    Last edited by aminulahsan; 03-29-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    03-29-2012 02:44 PM
    Welcome to WP Central! I myself am new to WP 7 and am enjoying the experience. I recently posted no WPcentral to understand the OS better and i got some wonderful response ! I am waiting on Lumia 900 to release and i borrowed my friend's WP7 phone and have been using it for past 2 weeks check out all functions that WPCentral members shared....
    Here is list I have been trying .. and i find them very good ... maybe you can educate your customers about the same .....

-Nokia Drive(GPS) which is free for life time and done NOT Use data from your data plan (Waiting for Nokia phone though ; someone in Office uses Nokia E7 he says GPS is great)
    -Nokia Transport - it offers walking, bus, metro and tube directions for multiple cities around the world. (Waiting for Nokia phone)
    -Integration with Xbox
    -Integration with facebook/twiter
    -Free 25Gb Storage from Skydrive
    -Bing Vision : built in feature to use the camera to look up a book or an item's UPC code and find the best price online
    -Local Scout function : It also tells you things to see and do and where to shop depending on where you are.
    -Gasbuddy helps you find the cheapest gas near you
    -Nokia Music and Zune are very good.
    -Skype beta available ; Tango already exists and its great.
    -You can search for movies and showtimes right on the device.
    -Bing Music is another great feature that can help identify a random song you might hear while you're out

Business and office Needs :

-Lync and Share point access
    -Integrated MS Office - Mails from Outlook great; better than any OS that i saw.
    -Once the Good Enterprise Solutions app releases (depending on whether your company uses it) you should be able to access encrypted email

I really like the fact that you are open and willing to learn about other platforms to sell the devise ... Each OS has its positives and Negatives ... So far I am liking WP7 , iOS is also good ... but WP7 looks different , functions great and Nokia devise looks amazing ...

Good Luck with your sales ..
    It should be noted that SharePoint 2010 is required. The phone doesn't work with SharePoint 2007 or WSS 3.0. If your server is running 2010 I can tell you it is AWESOME on the phone!
    03-29-2012 03:01 PM
    it will have to be provisioned on your account along with the lte
    Thanks Andrea! What do you mean by "provisioned"? If I pre-order the phone and it arrives at my house, will these features already be activated, or will I still need to contact AT&T to have them provision/turn on the features? There has been times where I had to return to the store because the AT&T rep forgot to switch on certain features in order for things to work correctly. Just wanted to make sure I understand the provisioning process :blush:
    03-29-2012 04:03 PM
    Also what's really cool about Windows Phone is contact history. Its awesome for business so for example you have your Manager Joe Smith. With the history feature you can see all Joe Smiths recent e-mails and messages between you to. This is awesome for keeping track of the conversation.
    I've been using that. Very useful.

Is that by default on the phone, or does AT&T have to switch something on for us to get Visual Voicemail?
    The rep who sets u up will do that automatically. I would just confirm that its working bfore you leave.

I have a question. For the online pre-orders can I order it at midnight tonight Eastern Standard time, because that is when i am planning on ordering.
    Not sure what time online orders start. As we rarely deal with online processes

mhopii, could you please compare the audio quality of Lumia 900 with 4S (thru earphone of course :)) I like WP, but some stupid OS limitations (iOS influenced ;)) & poor audio quality are really killing me :@ (used to be a power user & an audiophile :P)
    I haven't played much with music yet. Just loaded some on the phone today. When I go to the gym later I will try it out in my car.
    03-29-2012 04:35 PM
    Thanks for the thread. I to have been using the Lumia 900(blue) and I am loving it!! I have two phone. Android is my primary which I have used since the g1 was launched. I am new to windows phone and I love it so far. I really hope it succeeds and I will be pushing it hard. Thanks again to all.
    03-29-2012 04:44 PM
    For those that are going to their first lte device (most of you) I would strongly recommend getting the 900 from the store if you can help it. Working in the store we see alot of ppl who order these lte devices and end up having to come in anyways. Sometimes visual voicemail may not be provisioned correctly, some dont know how to activate the new micro sim and data plan themselves etc. It is alot easier for the rep and quicker for the consumer if we set it up correctly the first time vs finding errors then spending time fixing them. Plus the rep will appreciate the fact that you came in the store.

To top it off you will get better service in store than online or thru cust care. There's a reason we were ranked #1 by JD power for customer experience in store ;)
    tbonecopper likes this.
    03-29-2012 04:57 PM
    Is there any way i can buy the product at BestBuy Mobile and then take it to AT&T to have them set up LTE and Visual Voice Mail?
    I have a $50 gift card from BestBuy, but do not trust them as much as AT&T.
    03-29-2012 05:34 PM
    Thanks Andrea! What do you mean by "provisioned"? If I pre-order the phone and it arrives at my house, will these features already be activated, or will I still need to contact AT&T to have them provision/turn on the features? There has been times where I had to return to the store because the AT&T rep forgot to switch on certain features in order for things to work correctly. Just wanted to make sure I understand the provisioning process :blush:
    once you purchase the phone they will change your data package and provision it to the LTE with Visual voicemail data. So this way your data speeds will be open on their end for LTE and their end of visual voicemail will work :)
    03-29-2012 05:37 PM
    Is there any way i can buy the product at BestBuy Mobile and then take it to AT&T to have them set up LTE and Visual Voice Mail?
    yes after they set up your account at best buy just swing over to AT&T and have them ensure everything is correct
    03-29-2012 05:38 PM
    With regard to the data plan required by the Lumia (being a LTE specific plan)... I have grandfathered 30/month "unlimited" data on my iPhone. Is that plan able to be carried over to the Lumia?

Edit: I found the answer in another thread here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/1635469-post85.htm
    Last edited by palemoonrises; 03-29-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    03-29-2012 05:39 PM
    once you purchase the phone they will change your data package and provision it to the LTE with Visual voicemail data. So this way your data speeds will be open on their end for LTE and their end of visual voicemail will work :)
    Once again...thank you for the clarification! I feel like such a NOOB :giggle:
    03-29-2012 06:14 PM
    Once again...thank you for the clarification! I feel like such a NOOB :giggle:
    you are very welcome :) hit the thank you button a couple times loll ;) I'm just a tech pro no worries any questions just ask
    03-29-2012 06:42 PM
    If you do go to the at&t store after buying the phone from best buy at least buy something like some accessories from the rep that cleans up the mess from best buy lol (if there is a mess). If you put yourself in a reps shoes, it sucks to have a customer buy something or give commission to one person but you make another rep deal with the service issues.

Yes its our job but i'm just being realistic. If possible get the phone from att and use your gift card for a car dock or something. just sayin
    Residing and RiseAgainst94 like this.
    03-29-2012 07:22 PM
    If you do go to the at&t store after buying the phone from best buy at least buy something like some accessories from the rep that cleans up the mess from best buy lol (if there is a mess). If you put yourself in a reps shoes, it sucks to have a customer buy something or give commission to one person but you make another rep deal with the service issues.

Yes its our job but i'm just being realistic. If possible get the phone from att and use your gift card for a car dock or something. just sayin
    so buy a case lol
    03-29-2012 07:24 PM
    case, screen protector, something lol
    03-29-2012 09:19 PM
    Good question. Here are a few apps off the top of my head. I will update when I get back to my Galaxy SII:

Handcent SMS: for more customization options for text including privacy inbox
    tTorrent Pro
    ES File Explorer
    Google Voice app (not sure if there is an app on the Lumia or not)
    Angry Birds Space (hopefully coming soon)
    Draw Something
    Pandora (heard there was an equivalent besides slacker??)
    Dat Piff Mobile

Any suggestions on equivalent apps would be great.
    GoVoice is the main GoogleVoice app. Additionally there is a beta app out called Groovester which works with Google Music. I have had a Samsung Focus for a year and a half and love it. Next Ph phone is a Lumia or Titan Two. Thanks for your posts.
    03-29-2012 11:16 PM
    I got a question!

Do you hear a click/pop when switching from one song to the next when using earphones? I really hope it doesn't have that issue :(
    03-29-2012 11:29 PM
    Eff Pandora. If they won't support WP7 then I won't support them anymore. With the new iheartrado and last.fm and others that do support us then eff 'em say I.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    2nd. I've stopped my subscription after being a loyal 3+ year paying member. Oh well.
    Mr_pither likes this.
    03-30-2012 12:06 AM
    Lastly, the shameless plug... If you are in Columbus, OH come see me at the Morse rd store if you want to check out the device in advance!
    OHH! Ohhhh... Morse Rd...:dry

If you worked at Tuttle or even Bethel near Microcenter...but all the way over to Morse Road??? I am not due a new contract until Aug (quoted per the website) and the Wife isn't due till June. [I have found that as weird though, she got her phone in July of 2010 and I got mine in December 2010...yet I had multiple months knocked off and she didn't]
    03-30-2012 08:25 AM
    I too have a Lumia 900. Any questions or picture requests, let me know as well. I'll be hanging around trying to answer anything I can legally answer (I love my job and won't jeopardize it with releasing information that is not already public knowledge released by AT&T).
    03-30-2012 08:52 AM
    wish i could but we dont have LTE here in Columbus yet. we will by the end of Q3 though
    Also absent in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC were I live and work. No luck asking the AT&T stores when it will crawl up here. We're about 5 miles away from the current area according to AT&T's on line map.

So, naturally, I am eager to learn how you know when it will be coming to your area? Is there a website or number to call? if there is one and it's only for the AT&T Reps, I don't think they know about it around here so anything that we could tell them that would point them in the correct direction to get the answer for us?

Thanks for any assistance you can give :-)
    03-30-2012 09:34 AM
    I too have a Lumia 900. Any questions or picture requests, let me know as well. I'll be hanging around trying to answer anything I can legally answer (I love my job and won't jeopardize it with releasing information that is not already public knowledge released by AT&T).
    So, you know a bunch of stuff that hasn't been made public knowledge? I am just trying to think of what proprietary information could be out there that hasn't been made public...and coming up blank.

Not asking specifics...but what? Example would be "There could be another color coming"
    03-30-2012 10:36 AM
    So, you know a bunch of stuff that hasn't been made public knowledge? I am just trying to think of what proprietary information could be out there that hasn't been made public...and coming up blank.

Not asking specifics...but what? Example would be "There could be another color coming"
    i actually heard there are multiple colors coming after the white
    03-30-2012 10:42 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD